ADVERTISEMENT

Deer Hunters?

Not in NC Ok. Saw a few rubs/scrapes in one area but most the areas I hunt, I have seen none. As for bucks/does. All game cam pics from Seiling to NC OK has bucks in groups and does in groups.

As far as my overall opinion, I have never, never in the last who-knows-how-many years seen a lack of deer movement, deer presence in the area. I have family that have hunted 6 days in the last week and seeing little to no deer at their normal haunts. I have one close friend who has the most incredible spot imagineable. He said he has hunted this place well over 10 years and cannot remember ever getting skunked (not seeing a deer during a hunt). He was skunked 3 days in a row.

Local game warden said the drought/heat has taken it's toll. The fawn numbers are way down as many died as the result. Not many twins. He said this will be evidenced greater in about 2 years as buck numbers will be down until it corrects itself naturally.

I am see zero rut activity. Bucks are still in bachelor groups. did see some bucks fighting and some scrapes, but zero chasing of does.

Next weekend is usually when I start seeing bucks moving more and starting over the next few weeks to disband their buck groups and go alone finding does or sometimes large bucks will follow a smaller one (smart!). So while the bucks won't be in rut for a few weeks, they should be moving around trying to find where all the does will be and start making their marks plus increase in buck/buck agression.

Starting to see some daylight activity

IM000043.jpg

PICT0335.jpg

PICT0350.jpg

PICT0354.jpg

He is a 9 with tall tines. I think he is 4 1/2 but hard to tell. If you look closely at the cedars in the back ground you can see my cousin in the tree. He shot over that deers back at 30 yards.

I think both of them are rather young. Could see where one would drop him with a bow but he does appear to have a lot of room to grow.

PICT0354_zps7e11ae1d.jpg

Saw my first scrape on the year. Bucks here still in bachalor groups and very nocturnal.

IM000029.jpg

IM000043.jpg

IM000131.jpg

IM000146.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

PICT0113.jpg

PICT0431.jpg

74 that is a bad ass buck with the double beam. Not a huge racked buck but ultra cool

He won't score alot, but has the cool factor. first one like him I haver ever had on camera. He is on the wish list. I would like to see him live 2 more years but where he is at there is very little chance of that unless he keeps up his nocturnal ways.

Eden, after careful consideration of the two photos at fullsize, I'm convinced that is two different deer in the center of each pic.

Originally posted by Jeff J.:
Eden, after careful consideration of the two photos at fullsize, I'm convinced that is two different deer in the center of each pic.
Jeff,
He's the same guy.

The IR is washing him out.

Really enjoyed looking at all these trailcam pics! Having only seen a handful of whitetail bucks in my life, when do you expect the rut to start? The mulies around here won't start until December or January.

saw a buck chasing a doe last night. I think the rut is about to crank up here.

Still a tad early compared to normal however bucks chased doe below my stand all last week. Had one chasin tonight in different spot 30 miles away.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Last week I took a couple of days off to go to the ranch and didn't get a shot, (again) but saw a 130 class and 140 class 10 pointer that just missed being in range.... it might have shot at it, but it was dusk and light was not great at that time.
Didn't get a second chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT