ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys @ Jackrabbits

Sweet fireman’s from sheets 4-1. Esc cook 4-2. Stall warning Cook. :34 RT for Wyatt. Cook #14. Wyatt #22.

Cook starts 2nd down. Quick Esc. 4-3. TD cook. 5-4. Esc Wyatt. 5-5. :31 RT for Wyatt. SDSU fans love to yell for stalling. 5-5 going to 3rd.

Sheets starts down. Wyatt out in about :03. 6-5 sheets leads. I don’t think that will be the final score. Stall warning on Sheets. Wyatt sheets. Nothing happening. 1:00 left. Both wrestlers have a stall warning. :30 left. Sheets in deep on a HC. Pretzeled up and a stalemate. Cook tries a gator roll and Sheets comes out with the TD. Wild scramble. Sheets wins 8-6.

#13 Devos vs Plott.
TD devos. 2-0
Devos riding tough. Esc Plott 2-1. 1:30 left. Plott in deep and behind Devos, standing, Devos rolls and they’ve been scrambling for a minute. TD Plott and the crowd isn’t happy. Brick thrown on the mat. Stall warning on Plott for walking him off the mat. John is all fired up and the crowd is getting rowdy. Call confirmed. 3-2 Plott :12 left in first. Esc Devos. 3-3.

Plott goes down to start 2nd. Quick Esc. 4-3 Plott. Devos in deep and TD. Cranking Plott over with a leg Turk. 2 NF. 7-4 Devos leads. Esc Plott. 7-5 Devos. Plott in deep. :30 left. Trying to get the double leg and Almost has 2 at the buzzer. 7-5 Devos.

Devos down to start 3rd. Plott cuts him. 8-5. RT 1:15 for Devos. Deep double by Plott. Plott trying to finish. Potentially dangerous. :52 left. Plott shoot. Devos shoots. :35 left. Plott looks gassed. Plott shoots. Stall warning Devos. :09 left. 9-5 Devos wins. Plott can’t keep giving up TDs to start matches.

Reactions: bwel9339
Wittlake vs King. 16-6 pokes lead.
Hard snap down by Wittlake and he’s trying to turn the corner. Stalemate. 1:30 left. King shoots. Wittlake quick sprawl. Wittlake looking for the ankle pick. Wittlake should go up to HWT. His matches remind me of those. 0-0 end of first.

King goes down to start 2nd. Wittlake trying to work a near side cradle. King doesn’t have much bottom game. Wittlake heavy forward and Kind just in all 4s. Wittlake trying to pull and arm out and bar it across the back. King is going to have a sore shoulder. Wittlake out to the side cranking on the wrist. Full ride out.

3rd period. Wittlake down. Quick roll and gets the reversal. 2-0. Wittlake goes right back to wrist and potentially dangerous called. Wittlake throws in a leg and I got nervous. Both boots in and king is flattened out. 1:00 left. Cranking on a half. Stalling on king. His first. King eating mat. Flattened out with :15 left. 3-0 the final. 19-6 Pokes.

Surber vs Sloan. Ear to ear for the first 1:00. Feeling each other out. Sloan shoots. Surber tries to go behind. Back to their feet. TD Sloan. Sloan riding the ankle. Surber flat. Surber not doing much. Blood on Sloan. :50 left. Caution surber. Surber to his feet. Hard return. Sloan back on the ankle. Surber flat. Surber deserves a stall call. 2-0 end of 1st 1:30ish RT.

Surber goes down to start 2nd. There’s the stall call. His first. More coming if Surber doesn’t get his head off the mat. Sloan trying to work a tilt. There’s another stall. 3-0. Surber flat. Sloan working. Surber nothing. Surber deserved another stall call.

Third. Sloan takes top. Caution on surber his 2nd. Hahn wants more stall calls and I don’t blame him. Surber gets to his feet and hard return. Good ol fashioned Tulsa ride working for salon. Stalling 4-0. Surber has plenty of energy running back to middle. Surber to his feet. Sloan returns him. Bar arm across the back. Another stall call wouldn’t bother me. There it is. 6-0. RT. 7-0. Surber had nothing.

AJ Nevills vs Doucet.
I don’t expect much action here. Front headlock by Nevills. Doucet gets out of it. Tying up and grinding foreheads. More of that. Snap down by Doucet. Nothing. 0-0 snooze fest.

Nevills starts 2nd down. They go out of bounds and Doucet is called for stalling. Granby from Nevills. Good job by Doucet to stay on top. 1:25 left. Another granby from Nevills. Reversal Nevills 2-0. Esc Doucet 2-1.

2-1 starting 3rd. Doucet takes down. Nevills riding. Doucet up and escapes. 2-2. No RT. 1:30 remaining. 1:00 remaining. Not much action. Zero TD attempts in the match. :30 remaining. Doucet does have a stall warning. OT.

Shot by Nevills. Doucet behind and it should have been fleeing the mat. I wouldn’t expect another shot by Nevills. That was ugly. Ear to ear. :45 left. Nevills drops to a knee hoping for a stall call. More pushing. Shot by Nevills on the edge. :09 left. More OT. TBs.

Nevills down and tries a granby. Doucet follows him. Out of bounds. :15. Gotta watch the stall call. Another roll. Gets the reversal. 4-2 Nevills. :30 down for Doucet. There was some confusion about Doucet taking neutral. Escape Doucet. Stalling Nevills. 4-3 Nevills wins. Pokes in dual 19-12.

Sloan is one of the best top wrestlers @ 197, Luke should have taken neutral. Similar situation to Carter vs Hart last week. Hart is one of the best top wrestlers @ 141 and Carter took neutral.

Reactions: Toadvine
Nevills down and tries a granby. Doucet follows him. Out of bounds. :15. Gotta watch the stall call. Another roll. Gets the reversal. 4-2 Nevills. :30 down for Doucet. There was some confusion about Doucet taking neutral. Escape Doucet. Stalling Nevills. 4-3 Nevills wins. Pokes in dual 19-12.
Witcraft wrestled until the end where he didn't finish impressively but wins by decision. Daton wrestled solid and wins by major. Young did not wrestle like he has in his past matches (5) and loses. Voinovich wrestled the same as he has most of the year and wins a close decision over a wrestler who is solid but not good. G should have gotten a major but win a 7 point decision but his best period by far was the first. Sheets wrestled good and wins a decision over a good and dangerous 165. Plott wrestled poorly again, he is really slumping right now. Wittlake with a solid but no takedown decision. Surber got man handled which is very disappointing. Doucette lost in overtime by giving up a reversal with a roll that he should have seen coming 5 seconds before it occurred. Not an impressive dual overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: CowboyTanker
Our first six weights showed up tonight.

Witcraft looked solid, made a couple of sloppy mental mistakes late but solid win over all.

Typical fix match except the kid was pretty determined to score on fix. Looked well prepared for his inside trip.

CY takes a loss against a higher ranked guy but not a better wrestler. Good effort by CY regardless.

Wasn’t really impressed with VV. A win is a win but it didn’t feel like he ever had control of the match. I kinda expected him to turn a corner after the southern scuffle and I feel like his trajectory has slowed since.

Gfeller kinda just had a Gfeller type match. Lots of action in the first period but after hay it was slow. But good win.

Sheets looked good. Really took control of the match early with a nasty duck or fireman’s. He just wrestled really hard for 7 min. Good effort and great win for Wyatt.

Plott isn’t himself. Not sure what’s off. Just doesn’t look good on his feet. Sloppy, slow, not finishing. These losses are really hurting his rankings which concerns me come tournament time.

Wittlake put a ride on him and wanted to work for a turn most the match. Thought he could have landed a couple takes down and separate the score. Maybe he’s working on his top game.

Surber got humbled back down to earth. Couldn’t get off bottom and looked dejected half way through. Really bad night for Surber. Sloan is no slouch though.

Every match Doucet wrestles is the same. He won’t shoot and takes it to OT. I actually thought he could have given himself a good chance to win but gave up that ridiculous reversal late and it didn’t matter what he did after that. If Doucet could learn a takedown and shoot he might be a AA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT