ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado's Cannabis Business Summit Highlights

NZ Poke

Heisman Candidate
Dec 16, 2007
Some definite American small business innovation taking place.

Will be interesting seeing if President Rubio, President Walker or President Christie (and the GOP congress) shuts these businesses down.

They will do whatever the voters and public opinion wants. They were against marijuana legalization when their constituency was against it. They will be for it when their constituency is for it. Look at all the other positions they change as voters do. Their idea of leadership is wetting a finger and sticking it into the wind.

Note how republicans treated this issue, and how the democrat party did. Yet another reason I would never publicly admit to be a conservative. On the wrong side of history every time.

"Conservatives" aren't against legalizing pot. NZ posted a great insightful article recently about the powerful lobbies behind keeping pot illegal. So it's owned politicians who are against it.

And the statement plays well with the religious right.

My guess is they talk big about it now and do nothing. Kinda like your heroic dems and gun control.

Sys, isn't the entire purpose to be for what your constituents are for?

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong by all means...

I guess it all depends on perspective. Some would say you're doing what you're elected to do if you vote per public opinion. Some would say just voting per public opinion in the problem, and some courage is needed to vote in ways that aren't necessarily popular.

I don't think it's really showing much leadership if your votes are governed by public opinion, but that's one man's take.

So politicians shouldn't do what the majority % of voters want? So when does America get it king? In a year in a half when a republican wins the election and Obama thinks he can't hand the keys over so he declares martial law and stays in power?

So politicians shouldn't do what the majority % of voters want? So when does America get it king? In a year in a half when a republican wins the election and Obama thinks he can't hand the keys over so he declares martial law and stays in power?

Well, it depends on what the majority % of voters want. If the majority of voters wanted a politician to do something that was dishonest or illegal or would hurt the country, I don't think so. To use your example, if a majority % wanted a president to declare martial law to stay in power, that president should exercise leadership and follow the law and not do what the majority wants.

Uh oh. Chris Christie keeps going after Colorado (which has one of the most booming economies in the USA).

But he's leaving out Alaska, which legalized last year.

Is Christie going to target mountain men who smoke weed in America's last frontier? Could this potentially, literally cause a civil war? If anyone wants to be left alone by the Feds, it's Alaska.

In a Chris Christie administration, there would be no such thing as legal marijuana use.

“Marijuana is against the law in the states and it should be enforced in all 50 states,” the New Jersey governor said on “Fox and Friends” Wednesday morning. “That’s the law and the Christie administration will support it.”

Christie’s comments came a day after he discussed marijuana enforcement at a town hall in Newport, New Hampshire.

“If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it,” Christie warned. “As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...ijuana-illegal-2016-120769.html#ixzz3hJtnllxd

Sure does put a damper on that whole States rights thing. This fact alone is why that guy won't get my vote. It is a natural plant time to let this war go.

Reactions: shortbus
How much success has the State of New Jersey had in cleaning up Newark and its drug criminal element?

Next...

Uh oh. Chris Christie keeps going after Colorado (which has one of the most booming economies in the USA).

Is Christie going to target mountain men who smoke weed in America's last frontier? Could this potentially, literally cause a civil war? If anyone wants to be left alone by the Feds, it's Alaska.

In a Chris Christie administration, there would be no such thing as legal marijuana use.

“Marijuana is against the law in the states and it should be enforced in all 50 states,” the New Jersey governor said on “Fox and Friends” Wednesday morning. “That’s the law and the Christie administration will support it.”

Christie’s comments came a day after he discussed marijuana enforcement at a town hall in Newport, New Hampshire.

“If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it,” Christie warned. “As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...ijuana-illegal-2016-120769.html#ixzz3hJtnllxd

Chris Christie is a blubber filled turd who wears small baseball uniforms. He should have run in 2012 when he had momentum but he was a coward and missed his chance. He has no shot this cycle.

Reactions: TPOKE and Medic007

Anyone voting for Chrispie Creme is a bigger dumbass than I can express. The ultimate wasted vote.

Reactions: TPOKE and Medic007
I saw Rick Perry say that he will defend the rights of states even if he disagrees with those rights. I liked that statement because if you want states rights but only to pick and choose which rights they get then that is lame and hypocritical.

Also CO gets all the attention but WA and OR have also legalized the stuff and many more have loosened laws on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT