ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado raises $2.3 million for schools in marijuana taxes (in one month)

It's going to be VERY interesting seeing if President Cruz, President Walker or President Rubio cracks down on marijuana legalization (with GOP Congress / Senate majorities).

We'll learn how much they truly believe in states rights and the power of the free market entrepreneurs.

Case in point: could / should this female-owned business be shut down?

Originally posted by NZ Poke:
It's going to be VERY interesting seeing if President Cruz, President Walker or President Rubio cracks down on marijuana legalization (with GOP Congress / Senate majorities).

We'll learn how much they truly believe in states rights and the power of the free market entrepreneurs.

Case in point: could / should this female-owned business be shut down?
She gets a pass.
eek.r191677.gif

They just can't let it go.

PUBLISHED: 10:54 EST, 15 April 2015

Dope smokers beware: If Marco Rubio or Chris Christie manage to elbow out the competition and win the White House in 2016, they'll crack down on pot in states that have legalized marijuana.

The Republican presidential hopefuls told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt in separate interviews on Tuesday that they'd enforce federal drug laws and block the sale of marijuana in Colorado and Washington.

Asked for his position on the topic, Rubio said 'I think we need to enforce our federal laws.'

Rubio, who on Monday made official his candidacy, said he believes in states' rights - but laws created by the federal government legally supersede those of the states.

'I don't believe we should be in the business of legalizing additional intoxicants in this country for the primary reason that when you legalize something, what you're sending a message to young people is it can't be that bad, because if it was that bad, it wouldn't be legal,' the Florida senator said.

Questioned about cannabis last year by ABC News' Jon Karl, Rubio took a hard-line stance, saying, 'I think there's no responsible way to recreationally use marijuana.'

'I don't want my kids to smoke marijuana, and I don't want other people's kids to smoke marijuana,' he said at the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3040342/Republicans-vow-war-pot-White-House-Marco-Rubio-Chris-Christie-say-clampdown-cannabis-sales.html

Anyone still believe him to be a conservative? What about a constitutionalist who believes in original intent?

Well, he just blew those beliefs out the water didn't he. Maybe some will start to see him for the statist he really is, maybe.

Weed absolutely should be legal.

But at the same time teenagers should be warned of its disastrous affects on a developing brain. The science is pretty clear that prior to the age of 25 (when the brain is fully formed) smoking cannabis is not a good thing.

Any republican candidate who goes after this issue won't get my vote either. 1. because there are far more greater issues to concern ourselves with rather then some pot shops and 2. They are infringing on states rights and I would like to see more of a swing to States having more power.

Originally posted by JonnyVito:

They are infringing on states rights and I would like to see more of a swing to States having more power.

I will probably support any candidate that supports returning power to the states

"'I don't believe we should be in the business of legalizing additional intoxicants in this country for the primary reason that when you legalize something, what you're sending a message to young people is it can't be that bad, because if it was that bad, it wouldn't be legal,' the Florida senator said."

That's sofa king ridiculous. Makes me want to punch him in the head.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT