ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson’s Dabo Swinney in the middle of LGBT issue

thekspoke

Heisman Winner
May 31, 2005
Just Outside the Motherland
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney is a man committed to his religious beliefs, and those beliefs have created some off-field drama in the past. It appears it may we have another chapter to write in this tale.

As reported by Outsports.com, Swinney is scheduled to appear at a fundraiser for the Palmetto Family Council on June 2. The organization is dedicated to fighting against equality for the LGBT community and same-sex couples. Swinney’s role in the fundraising event is drawing plenty of attention and leading many to publicly request Swinney withdraw from the event entirely.

“Coach Swinney has an obligation to the players he leads and all students that attend Clemson to use his considerable profile to promote causes that bring us together, not tear us apart,” GLAAD vice president Zeke Stokes said in response. “The Palmetto Family Council’s values are out of line with the values of love and acceptance for all people, and I hope the Coach will reconsider the message that his [alignment] with them sends.”

Nobody has a right to step in and tell Swinney he is wrong to support his beliefs, no matter how backwards you think they may be on this subject, but it might be wise for Swinney to think about what his actions are saying. Swinney may promote a bit of a religious setting around his program, but what would his decision be if he knew he had a gay player on his roster?

Whatever the case may be, it is clear we still have some work to do to provide the same human rights to those in the LGBT community. Swinney would be a great example and leader for that effort if he backed out of this event, but that is his call to make.

The hell with these gays. Im tired of their bullshit. They are picking fights and going after every institution and person they can that doesn't agree with their world view. They got the CEO of Modzilla fired on some bullshit. No one even mentions that they try and sometimes succeed in effin up people's livelihoods because they don't bow too them. Not even so called conservative media calls them out on their bs. Why am I hearing about the newest Montreal Alouette on the SiriusXM breaking news? Answer, because he pumps another dude up the dukechute and the gay mafia demands we listen and all things gay and we are bigots if we damn near threw up when Sam kissed his husband after being drafted.

GLAAD is a fascist hate group if there ever was one. Disagree with their agenda in any way, shape or form and you are immediately labelled a "bigot", "anti-gay" or "homophobic."

They and MSNBC are quickly making me homophobic with their bullying tactics.....then they turn around and call heterosexuals bullies. Passive and outwardly aggressive. They inject that crap everywhere.

"Healthy" and "normal" is the new mantra. If you don't think that the homosexual lifestyle is "healthy" and "normal" (which demands that you ignore the decreased life expectancy even when controlled for AIDS and the new HIV/syphilis epidemic among young gay males) then as per GLAAD you are a bigot.

Healthy and normal huh?.....and Obamacare is free......after the $3500 per year.....and the $10.000 deductible that needs to be met before it kicks in. Ya know, for supposedly being academics and thinkers, liberals are dumb as hell thinking everyone will fall for these devilish shell games.

And all Fox News Channel programs are 100% real news without political bias; right?

And all Fox News Channel programs are 100% real news without political bias; right?
I am not well versed in this and this is the first time I have heard it referred to as Healthy and Normal. But I can not see by any logical species discussion where this can be considered either Healthy or Normal in the context of species existence and therefore just genral behavior.

WTF does Fox News have to do with any of this. I am so tired of you dipshits screaming Fox News. Do you idiots know that every other news source caters to the liberals. Personally I wish the news sources had nothing to do with party affiliation.

Now get back to discussing the topic not news outlets.

Reactions: Les2stoops0
Of course they have a political bias. They better so as to inject some reality into what is really going on. So conservatives have FOX. What do libs have? ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and msnbc which I don't really call them a news outlet as they're on more of a witch hunt. Pathetic!

No one mentions the fact that Transgenders are under either Demonic Oppression, Demonic possession and in some cases perfect possesion

Reactions: AC_Exotic
. "Do you idiots know that every other news source caters to the liberals"

Only talk radio nuts say things like this. Their are only two two biased cable channels: MSNBC and Fox news. Everyone else is basically sane.

Yeah this act is old. Swinney can do and think what he wants. It certainly doesn't stop the liberal professors, so why should a coach be any different. many citizens in this country need to come to the realization that it is okay to have differences of opinion instead of trying to demonize every person or group who views something different.

Yeah this act is old. Swinney can do and think what he wants. It certainly doesn't stop the liberal professors, so why should a coach be any different. many citizens in this country need to come to the realization that it is okay to have differences of opinion instead of trying to demonize every person or group who views something different.
Well said and I would expand that past just this country and say if this line of thinking was used on a global scale the world would rotate smoother.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
I just googled the story. The Palmetto Family Council is called "anti-gay" in most of the stories because they oppose "marriage equality" (or more accurately they oppose redefining the word "marriage"). Talk about a biased media.

I personally don't care what Dabo thinks or does. I also don't personally care what Chuck and Larry do down the street either. The fact we as a society spend any amount of time arguing or debating this issue over other stuff is crazy.

Let gay people get married, let your church think it is dumb and not allow it to happen in your facility and let's move on to stuff that actually matters.

Hey, Sweeny didn't start this, them gays did. I don't follow the CFL transaction wire but Im slam with Michael Sam shit. I don't care but yet its thrown in my face. That's what pisses people off. MTV went gay, I quit watching. I didn't start a campaign to get them of cable did I? But they try to destroy anybody that don't kiss their highly manicured feet. I choose not to watch Ellen but they try to get conservative pundits destroyed. If the can't, they use people like these Harry Potter stunt doubles to demonize them. The jokes on them though even though they try to my us flyover country folk look stupid. Looka these maphuccaz!!!!...and Im suppose to consume news from them?

images
images

Liberals, the most tolerant people in the world, until you disagree with them.

No matter what the media would have you believe, there are still many average Americans that do not believe in Gay Marriage. That doesn't mean that said people hate gay people. It just means that said people believe that marriage is a religious issue and not an issue that the government should be involved in. My guess is this is the category that Swinney falls into.

Thread moved to non-sports board. I realize it had a sports tie, but quickly became mostly politics and/or religion-based discussion.

"Let gay people get married, let your church think it is dumb and not allow it to happen in your facility and let's move on to stuff that actually matters."

This is true. Instead of opposing it, the Church should mock it. Since civil marriage is not Sacramental Marriage in any case. Let them have all the fake civil marriages they want.

. "Do you idiots know that every other news source caters to the liberals"

Only talk radio nuts say things like this. Their are only two two biased cable channels: MSNBC and Fox news. Everyone else is basically sane.

Wow do I have to say - at least brt gets it

This has become a non sports issue. It could move to another board.

"Let gay people get married, let your church think it is dumb and not allow it to happen in your facility and let's move on to stuff that actually matters."

This is true. Instead of opposing it, the Church should mock it. Since civil marriage is not Sacramental Marriage in any case. Let them have all the fake civil marriages they want.

Do you think Jesus would mock something (gay marriage)...anything(pick a subject)..... I don't think so..... I think he would say it was wrong, but he would do it in a way that makes sure that believers (even if they are gay and wanting to get married) know that he still loves them.

Do you think Jesus would mock something (gay marriage)...anything(pick a subject)..... I don't think so..... I think he would say it was wrong, but he would do it in a way that makes sure that believers (even if they are gay and wanting to get married) know that he still loves them.

It could be argued that Jesus mocked certain groups in his day. He at least was bitingly sarcastic.

If you think there is an inkling of evidence that he would condone gay marriage, you're fooling yourself.

Yes he loved, but he and his apostles spoke what they believed to be the truth in love.

Reactions: CowboyJD
It could be argued that Jesus mocked certain groups in his day. He at least was bitingly sarcastic.

If you think there is an inkling of evidence that he would condone gay marriage, you're fooling yourself.

Yes he loved, but he and his apostles spoke what they believed to be the truth in love.

where exactly did I say Jesus would condone gay marriage? You could argue that Jesus mocked certain groups, but I would argue that is your misinterpretation of his words.

what am I 50 like I listen to political talk radio. News is biased today sorry.

It is only a matter of time before they sue the Church here. The Catholic Church is public enemy #1 for the "progressives" because they know that the Church will never cave in to societal pressure. Not today, not ten years from now, not a thousand years from now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/07/gay-couple-sue-church-of-england_n_3714609.html

It is only a matter of time before they sue the Church here. The Catholic Church is public enemy #1 for the "progressives" because they know that the Church will never cave in to societal pressure. Not today, not ten years from now, not a thousand years from now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/07/gay-couple-sue-church-of-england_n_3714609.html

Yep. We'll see a lot more attacks on religious liberty in the coming years.

I don't like the slippery slope of this whole ordeal. Will this now mean that practicing Christians will be overlooked for big time promotions in a number of businesses because of possible negative public feedback?

Reactions: BIGOSUFAN

Catholic Charities is also getting out of the adoption service in the wake of being told they have to assist gay couples if they pursue adoption through them.

I support gay marriage and think the government should not have a say on that topic, but what Dabo Swinney wants to do on his own time is his business. I also support his decision to speak at the Palmetto Family Council as he is representing himself, not the university or the football team.

Reactions: latimdj
Yea I should have went 80 or above. All I could imagine was riding in the car with my gramps as a kid and listening to Rush L. It was all he ever listened to in the car, talk radio that is.

I personally don't care what Dabo thinks or does. I also don't personally care what Chuck and Larry do down the street either. The fact we as a society spend any amount of time arguing or debating this issue over other stuff is crazy.

Let gay people get married, let your church think it is dumb and not allow it to happen in your facility and let's move on to stuff that actually matters.

Doing this will not go anything good for the long term. The fight has always been about this, and just giving in, shows that the LGBT Crowd won. I get it, most folks who are gay, are born gay, but lets have a total separate establishment for them that is equal to the marriage in this country.

Doing this will not go anything good for the long term. The fight has always been about this, and just giving in, shows that the LGBT Crowd won. I get it, most folks who are gay, are born gay, but lets have a total separate establishment for them that is equal to the marriage in this country.

For the love ... Separate but equal? You can't make this crap up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT