ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2024 High School Big Board

We have 2 2024 commits so far I believe. Both are projected 125 lber. I’m sure we will prob sign most of the Stillwater and Bixby boys too. What are our needs weight wise for this class, 165, 174?

My guess is that both Roller #62 and Giddens #72 will move up the rankings by this time next year. We need to start going after some of the Gilroy boys and use our Cormier connection. There are a lot of sneaky good ranked kids in that program right now.

Reactions: OAMC99 and DPJ
My guess is that both Roller #62 and Giddens #72 will move up the rankings by this time next year. We need to start going after some of the Gilroy boys and use our Cormier connection. There are a lot of sneaky good ranked kids in that program right now.
Penn. St just got Lilledahl a 125 ranked number 2 on the 2024 Big Board. That goes with numbers 5, 6, 8, 9, and 18. What did we just pull in a guy that is not rated. Our staff's response to our horrible showing at Nationals so far seems very poor.

Willie updated his weight class rankings and removed the 2023 seniors. He has Landyn Sommer #7 at 170. Interested to see where he has him on the big board.

Willie updated his 2024 Big Board and included the star system. Recruits 1-9 are 5 stars, 10-29 are 4, 30-98 are 3, and 99-150 are 2. Personally I think some of the rankings are way off. Hopefully guys compete at U20/U17 and make some noise. Some familiar names...

Roller #27
Jordan #30
Kiser #47
Voinovich #53
Giddens #56
Walker #64
Schneider #77
Randall #80
Sommer #100
Thomas #116
Williams #137
Hollingsworth #144
McComas #146

Reactions: DPJ
Next season looks like just a repeat of the last 2. Few good guys with mainly just some guys to fill out other weights. 10-15 place finish would be an improvement from the last two years and a realistic goal for this roster and this is could get better if we actually went all in and nil some really good transfers here that actually have a chance and we don’t lose a few top guys we have now.

Penn. St just got Lilledahl a 125 ranked number 2 on the 2024 Big Board. That goes with numbers 5, 6, 8, 9, and 18. What did we just pull in a guy that is not rated. Our staff's response to our horrible showing at Nationals so far seems very poor.
It is hard to compete when one team is getting all the ranked kids. The rest of the country has 5 top 10 kids spread out across it and PSU has 5 in their program. OSU isn't the only one who can't keep up. It is hard to hold this against OSU as some sort of failure. PSU is on a terror right now.

Reactions: JAY45 and driad
They've got 5 top 10 guys in this class right now. But you can only start 10 guys so I would imagine that there will be some future transfers headed out.

It is hard to compete when one team is getting all the ranked kids. The rest of the country has 5 top 10 kids spread out across it and PSU has 5 in their program. OSU isn't the only one who can't keep up. It is hard to hold this against OSU as some sort of failure. PSU is on a terror right now.
The failure isn't that we haven't caught PSU, it's that we haven't even tried. Iowa is at least doing something - RTC, transfers, NIL, new facilities. John has done nothing except cling to the 1990s.

2023 class has three guys in the top 10 coming to OSU but ok.
I don’t want to hear this Bs excuse. We can’t even develop them when they get here and keep them out of trouble Thompson is already on last strike and thin ice. Tired of the Bs excuses and People need to be held accountable for the shit show

Reactions: duke-of-earl
I don’t want to hear this Bs excuse. We can’t even develop them when they get here and keep them out of trouble Thompson is already on last strike and thin ice. Tired of the Bs excuses and People need to be held accountable for the shit show

Ok... I don't disagree that there are a lot of excuses and a lot of them are BS. Development hasn't been great.

But to say that they're not trying to recruit top level guys is disingenuous. They obviously are. Stating a fact... that the staff pulled in three top 10 recruits in the class of 2023... is not an excuse.

Reactions: Ok_Longhorn
Ok... I don't disagree that there are a lot of excuses and a lot of them are BS. Development hasn't been great.

But to say that they're not trying to recruit top level guys is disingenuous. They obviously are. Stating a fact... that the staff pulled in three top 10 recruits in the class of 2023... is not an excuse.
That was me that posted that we aren’t trying, but I wasn’t referring to “recruit top level guys.”

I was referring to the thought that we aren’t even trying to improve our situation and challenge for a title.

-John Smith still hasn’t addressed the fan base outside of the tournament media. That is gutless, ignorant or arrogant. It dang sure doesn’t help build our program.

-No staff changes

-No big transfer news

Our program is stale and John Smith is becoming an injuring force.

Reactions: bwel9339
That was me that posted that we aren’t trying, but I wasn’t referring to “recruit top level guys.”

I was referring to the thought that we aren’t even trying to improve our situation and challenge for a title.

-John Smith still hasn’t addressed the fan base outside of the tournament media. That is gutless, ignorant or arrogant. It dang sure doesn’t help build our program.

-No staff changes

-No big transfer news

Our program is stale and John Smith is becoming an injuring force.
Honestly I put this on the AD.If he can’t recognize the downward trend and make a change then why would John want voluntarily leave a 500k gig.

Reactions: bwel9339
Honestly I put this on the AD.If he can’t recognize the downward trend and make a change then why would John want voluntarily leave a 500k gig.
Because John Smith is a winner and a legend. He knew when to put his shoes center mat, he needs to know when to put his whistle there with them.

You can’t expect an AD, that knows nothing about the sport, pressure a guy that carries the weight John Smith carries.

-Bedlam, he’s doing well there. Check for JS
-Conference performance, to an outsider, he’s doing well there. Check for JS.
-Track record of being top 10, which again, to an outsider appears to be success. Check for JS.

This won’t come from the AD, he has no basis for argument against JS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT