ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Apollo Turns 70 Today

The Duke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Austin TX
No, not the new guy, the original. My childhood heroes seem to be aging at a disturbing clip. Good thing I'm in cryo-sleep most days.

MPW-62576

apollo%2Bgalactica%2Bviper.jpg

Reactions: AC_Exotic
And she died last week or so at age 85! Talk about feeling old.....

latest

Loved that old series. Had quite the trio of hotties as well-Jane Seymour(played Apollo's wife I believe in the first episode before being killed), and the chicks who played Athena and Casiopia we're pretty hot by late 70's standards, for sure.

I remember being all geared up to watch the premiere of BSG (they had been promoting it for weeks) and right in the middle of the show, ABC flips to Camp David, where the Peace Treaty between Israel and Egypt was being signed by Sadat and Begin. The historic significance of what was happening was not lost on me, but I still couldn't help but be PO'd that they had to do it right at that time.

Forget BSG and give me Wilma Deering any day of the week.
erin-gray-6.jpg

erin-gray-8162.jpg

Wilma Deering was my first crush lol. I remember watching this show as a kid, I loved the show really since it came out about a year or two after Star Wars and was kind of a weekly fix for the space freak side of me back then. My dad didn't really care for the space moves and shows, but he did watch Buck Rogers with me for some strange reason....haha...

I think they had to sew her into the spandex she wore on those shows. The ratings went up when they ditched the white outfit and she started wearing the blue and form fitted garments.

I guess I didn't know Grace Lee Whitney had died. Damn. Pretty soon there will be no WW2 vets and no remaining characters from many of the old shows I watched growing up.

If I could time travel, I would love to go back to the early 80s for a week.

Check her out in Battle of the Network Stars some night when a rerun is on. Saw her in a bathing suit after a chilly day in a dunk tank. Think it was willy aames or Scott baio that threw the pitch. Bet they aimed extra good if ya know what I mean.

Check her out in Battle of the Network Stars some night when a rerun is on. Saw her in a bathing suit after a chilly day in a dunk tank. Think it was willy aames or Scott baio that threw the pitch. Bet they aimed extra good if ya know what I mean.

Ohhh, the Battle of the Network T & A's. I cannot imagine the networks allowing something like that to be televised today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT