ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain to me why we are helping Iran?

JonnyVito

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2008
Why is the US helping them and having these talks? What will benefit America from helping them? Then you find out they are backing the rebels in Yemen that caused the civil war. So they made sure that the US backed President over there was sent running for his life but they are some how our friend? Now Saudi Arabia is backing the other side to bring peace to the region. To me it seems like if we give in to Iran it only makes them that much strong to cause problems over there. How will this not piss off other Arab nations? What is the US getting in return for getting in the middle of this mess??

Vito, the Saudias have had run in with the Yemenis before and I think it was in the early 60's they actually used gas on some of those peaceful critters. That we are negotiating with Iran for a treaty they are not bound to keep has to go down as one of the most Chamberlain type moves since the 30's. Some of our poor allies are starting to get the picture though and what they are finding is that we're not very dependable which IMHO bodes very poorly for us going forward.

lil o's canine companian has stolen his balls and spine so he has no resolve to do anything but the bare minimum and hope his turn in office ends before he has to do something drastic. He is after all a Nobel Peace Prize winner and he can't be seen as anything but a man of the world...anything he does thats drastic would play against his wish to be UN Genral Secretary someday. A job which he is eminently over qualified for and has the perfect dispositon to do without one notable accomplishment.

Did you also note that last week (or maybe the wek before) the pentagon declassified the Israeli nuke info? Brilliant move by them, no doubt all political as well. Astounding that a country that does have a nuke and has never threatened to blow a country off the map is treated like that. While a country that has actively killed Americans, supported groups that kill/killed Americans, has destabilized countries and governments and threated to annihilate other countries (including the US) is somehow someone we trust to negotiate in good faith AND are running bombing missions to support their fighters in Iraq.

Sure dUPe and his taxi driving friend approve of the mission though.

Really makes you wonder why Obama is so passionate about helping that regime. I could just see this blowing up over there and then all the blame is put on America since we helped Iran out. Then once again it gives ammo to the radical muslims to bred hate. Why can't we just stay out of it and let Jordan, SA, and the other filthy rich oil nations deal with this rather then a country borrowing money from China. Just makes me want to puke reading about this crap.

The reason we are helping Iran is because President Jarrett was born there. Same reason we are sh*tting on Israel. That and President Jarrett's puppet, Barack Obama, got his feelings hurt by Bibi and April Spring has turned into a cluster...k.

Originally posted by imprimis:
The reason we are helping Iran is because President Jarrett was born there. Same reason we are sh*tting on Israel. That and President Jarrett's puppet, Barack Obama, got his feelings hurt by Bibi and April Spring has turned into a cluster...k.
I thought I was one of the few who see's how this man can't take a crap without Jarrett telling him how to wipe his ass. She's the Chicago machines handler. This fool is nothing but what a select few want him to be.

Originally posted by JonnyVito:

Why is the US helping them and having these talks? What will benefit America from helping them? Then you find out they are backing the rebels in Yemen that caused the civil war. So they made sure that the US backed President over there was sent running for his life but they are some how our friend? Now Saudi Arabia is backing the other side to bring peace to the region. To me it seems like if we give in to Iran it only makes them that much strong to cause problems over there. How will this not piss off other Arab nations? What is the US getting in return for getting in the middle of this mess??
You conveniently (and intentionally?) left out the biggest favor we gave Iran (90% Shiite Muslim): taking out Saddam (Sunni Muslim leading a Shiite-majority country).

Originally posted by NZ Poke:

You conveniently (and intentionally?) left out the biggest favor we gave Iran (90% Shiite Muslim): taking out Saddam (Sunni Muslim leading a Shiite-majority country).
Yup. Biggest foreign policy blunder ever in US history.

4000+ troops dead, trillions in debt, and created a massive power vaccum that strengthended Iran and led to the creation of ISIS.

The indirect Bush slam aside, how does this make obama being Iran's bitch today?

This post was edited on 3/27 1:14 PM by TPOKE

So we had an agreement with Iran to take out Saddam? I hadn't seen that posted in any news articles during that time. Did it help Iran yes but the US didn't enter into that war with that in mind. Obama is going out of his way to help them. Please keep on point with the issue at hand and my god Bush was what two terms ago yet he is still played out as the escape goat in what is wrong in the middle east. Just an FYI when Bush was in Iraq the US had bases in there and that is a plus to help keep Iran in check. Obama pulled out and surprise surprise Iran starts acting up, the terrorist groups blow back up but don't worry he got Bin Laden. Obama has helped Iran more then Bush removing Saddam by pulling out of Iraq before they had a solid concrete government in place that could 100% take care of itself.

So Bush is also to blame for ISIS now?

ISIS is a problem because Obama did nothing in Syria until is was to late because he had a political agenda same as when he delayed the health care act before congressional elections. He didn't want to get compared to Bush in entering a meaningless war. Well that looks dumb now because not only is war in Syria but now they have spilled into Iraq where Obama pulled out of leaving Iran to fill the gap.

Also as a registered republican Bush is not my poster boy. So Bush sucked but he is used as the measuring stick for Obama? Why not hold the POTUS to a higher mark?

To answer your question no I didn't intentionally leave out the Iraq war.

Please. Let's leave the JV team out of this. Just because you wear a Laker jersey doesn't mean you're Kobe Bryant.

NZPoke I agree with everything except not implying Bush in your original post. The Middle East is a mess and always will be. I laugh, literally, every time we get a new president and how they try to negotiate peace in that cess pool. The flavor of the day is isis, and when they get control it will be someone else. The Muslims could take over the whole world and they would still try kill each other. That being said, we have no business caving to Iran, none. They have acted recklessly in their statements and actions andshould be given no slack. They're as bat crap crazy as all of them.

I'll be the first to admit Iraq was a mistake, but bought into the preliminary intelligence like everyone did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT