ADVERTISEMENT

Calling coyotes

cowpoke74

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2004
Had a great day calling yesterday. Called 8 in and killed 3.

I had been having quite a dry spell. Bad weather and windy days had limited my hunting, but yesterday was as good as I have seen it.

very nice... were they on the move for the kill shot? every coyote I have called in just keep moving

Entered the McLoud tournament last Saturday and hit up some of my best spots that I hadn't been to yet this year. We hunted sun up until about 5 that afternoon. Saw three; called 1 in and saw 2 running across the field as we were leaving. Still baffled as to why we didn't see any more action.

Pokem I usually bark before I shoot will stop them dead in their tracks, but you better be ready to shoot. 2 second window.

We had greyhounds growing up and chased many a coyote. That was really the way I got into drinking black coffee way before dawn around 8 yrs old. Back then it was very cool to me and the dogs are pretty amazing, but way not pc these days plus landownders are different when back then everyone let you run your dogs on them if you saw a coyote.

My father used to chase coyotes with greyhounds. That's how I ended up becoming a Vet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT