ADVERTISEMENT

Buying granite in tulsa...

kjcba8101

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
I'm looking for some builder grade granite for one of my houses in tulsa. It's a $160k house. I need a good price on it (it's an investment property).

I'm somewhat new at this. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Pacific shore stones supplies a lot of the rock to fabricators. Marble Elegance is the one we use (Claremore). I think Mill Creek does some fabricating out of one of their places in Tulsa, but they may just broker it. Dealing directly with the fabricators will typically get you the best price.

Why would you use granite in a $160k rent house? The renters won't take care of it. I think I'd use some nice laminate or a cheap solid surface.

If you don't have a lot of surface area and you're sold on granite, see if the fabricator has enough remnants to do the job. Depending how they charge, sometimes they charge for several slabs and have enough remnants to do a small job. I've paid as low as $30 per sq ft for a remnant installed to do a small top in a utility room or powder bath. Make sure it's 3cm thick.

Boxter

I'm charging a premium for these homes. My other 2 have granite and have been quite popular. Not married to the idea, but it seems like a selling point. That being said, I paid a price for the whole home and don't know what the cost difference between standard countertops and granite actually is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT