ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Jenner?

boxter

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2002
I don't get it. 65 yr old man who decided he wants to live out the rest of his life as a women.

I have assumed the guy had some issues when he continued getting surgery to change his looks.

What is your thoughts? I can't imagine anyone would pull this stunt for publicity.

I don't understand why everyone cares so much about it, especially to have an ABC special on it Friday.

I don't think this is about publicity. I believe him when he says that he believes he will be happier living his life as a woman. I don't fully understand gender identity issues, but I believe they exist, and hope things work out for him/her.

I don't get it. 65 yr old man who decided he wants to live out the rest of his life as a women.

I have assumed the guy had some issues when he continued getting surgery to change his looks.

What is your thoughts? I can't imagine anyone would pull this stunt for publicity.

He's what you'd call an odd duck.

But Jenner did not just win the 1976 Olympics decathlon in Montreal, he annihilated the field. On Day 1, he achieved personal bests in three events, the shot put (50 feet 4¼ inches), the high jump (6-8) and the 400 meters (47.51 seconds). That left in him third place, but still virtually certain to win.

Photo
24JENNER2-blog427.jpg

Jenner, second from right, appeared in "Can't Stop the Music" with Valerie Perrine and the Village People.CreditReed Saxon/Associated Press
That was because Jenner’s best events came on Day 2. His only real concern was blundering and not clearing a height in the pole vault, but he sailed over with ease, eventually getting another personal best at 15-9. One last personal record, in the final event, the 1,500 meters at 4 minutes 12.61 seconds, wrapped up a 207-point victory and world record.

I've always liked Bruce. He was the only reason I ever really watched The Kardashians. I like him now more than ever. Some see it as 'weird,' but watching him explain her feelings, I see it as 'normal.'

Edit: Bruce apparently wants to retain the 'he' pronoun. Also, I'm docking respect points for the whole proud Republican bit. :cool:

Last edited:
One of the interesting aspects for me is to consider that if his desire to change gender is legitimate, he must surely have been having these thoughts since he was young.

I wonder if earning the title of 'Greatest (male) Athlete in the World' was over-compensation for his feeling that he should actually be a woman.

The fact that it's Jenner makes the whole story much more believable for people who have never seriously considered such a thing possible.

Last edited:
Watched the interview and he seems very legit to me. He thought about trying this in the 80's. Thought about suicide. And what I found interesting is that while he gender identifies as a woman, he's always been attracted to women. What a strange and confusing existence it must be. Very interesting that he was able to focus on such elite levels of physical achievement.

Watched the interview and he seems very legit to me. He thought about trying this in the 80's. Thought about suicide. And what I found interesting is that while he gender identifies as a woman, he's always been attracted to women. What a strange and confusing existence it must be. Very interesting that he was able to focus on such elite levels of physical achievement.

He really put some thought into how he explained his identity. Trans people and allies could not have asked for more. Some might be tired of me saying this, but for some people genitals and sexual activity do not define gender, and vice versa. It's been that way across cultures and across time.

I don't even find any of it wierd. He just is who he is. It must be difficult and confusing as hell and I feel for the guy.

If he all of a sudden became flamboyant, then I'd probably have a different reaction.

Politicizing? Yeah well we used to burn witches at the stake. The Holocaust happened. Slavery was popular. Women couldn't vote here. Should I list more mistakes humans as a whole have mostly progressed from?

Politicizing? Yeah well we used to burn witches at the stake. The Holocaust happened. Slavery was popular. Women couldn't vote here. Should I list more mistakes humans as a whole have mostly progressed from?
The whole women voting thing was definitely a mistake. Too much scientific data to dispute that.

Reactions: shortbus
She did not ask him the most important question.

"What tee boxes will you be using?"
After seeing the details of that car crash, he drives like a women.

I feel sorry for Jenner. I don't understand wanting to live life as a women but still wanting to chase tail.

After seeing the details of that car crash, he drives like a women.

I feel sorry for Jenner. I don't understand wanting to live life as a women but still wanting to chase tail.
Gender and sexuality aren't the same thing.

Before world and national psychiatric associations were politicized, he rightly would have been diagnosed as mentally ill.

Everyone has diagnosable mental illnesses. I'm glad being transgendered isn't yours, or mine.

And does that make it less real for him? As they say, just because Im paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me.

Everyone has diagnosable mental illnesses. I'm glad being transgendered isn't yours, or mine.

And does that make it less real for him? As they say, just because Im paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me.

Lol! True dat.

My honest feelings aren't condemning. I just feel sorry for the poor guy.

And let's be honest, when he made that disco musical movie in the late 70's - early 80's with the Village People, that should have been a dead giveaway.

Reactions: MegaPoke
When your struggle includes prime time interviews and reality shows it makes it hard to take it seriously. The guy should just wear his wife's clothes in the privacy of his own bathroom when the kids are asleep like the rest of us and quit showing off.

I am sure someone possessed by the devil one of the most evil entities in the universe will only have one sin and it is wearing women's clothes. Brt GTFO of here with that shit.

If he follows through with cutting his male member off, then by all means use the women's restroom. If not, let him hike his dress up at the urinal. I absolutely hate surgery. I can't imagine going through the physical pain, hospitals, Dr. appointments, etc... Very confusing...just cross dress and move along. I think his social life will become even more odd.

Before the politicizing of the church, he would have been detained and exorcised and maybe even tortured and executed.
But once he was exorcised I'm sure he would feel like a dude again. If not they would just say his other sins are preventing him from Gods love and burn him. Win-win for the ancient church.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT