ADVERTISEMENT

Broken Arrow Quintuple Homicide

WCPoke

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
WTF?

Two brothers kill (stab) their parents and 3 siblings....with another child clinging to life after being stabbed and a 2 year old left unharmed and parent less.

Unbelievable.

The crime scene is 6 miles from my house. Hard to believe something like that could happen in such a quiet area like that. A lot of senior citizens reside in that area.

Was shocked to find out that happened a couple of miles down the road

I haven't read anything on this story this morning, but as of last night, they still had not released a motive. This entire story is really hard to fathom. A couple of thinks that really surprise me...

-It is hard to believe that 2 guys did this to their family. I could see 1 kid having mental health issues, and doing something like this, but for the brother to go along with it seems really amazing. You would think that 1 of the 2 would either realize that this would result in life in prison/death penalty, or would decide that what they were doing is too heinous to continue.

-I don't think it is that hard to believe that a kid would feel resentment/animosity toward a parent, and end up killing said parent/parents. I could even see it with an older sibling. But, killing a 5 year old sibling is hard to fathom. Especially when you consider that they left the 2 year old sibling alone. What makes a 5 year old sibling different from a 2 year old sibling when it comes to stabbing them to death?

-Stabbing someone to death is a lot different from shooting someone to death. You have to be right next to them, and they don't usually die immediately. It usually takes multiple stab wounds and you are inflicting pain with each one. I think there is a reason that mass murderers don't usually choose knives as their weapon of choice. It would seem more likely that after 1 or 2 killings, you would be so disgusted and feel so guilty about what you have done that you would stop killing.

Of course, I guess this thread shows that it is hard to know what is going through the mind of someone with a mental disorder.

I haven't read anything on this story this morning, but as of last night, they still had not released a motive. This entire story is really hard to fathom. A couple of thinks that really surprise me...

-It is hard to believe that 2 guys did this to their family. I could see 1 kid having mental health issues, and doing something like this, but for the brother to go along with it seems really amazing. You would think that 1 of the 2 would either realize that this would result in life in prison/death penalty, or would decide that what they were doing is too heinous to continue.

-I don't think it is that hard to believe that a kid would feel resentment/animosity toward a parent, and end up killing said parent/parents. I could even see it with an older sibling. But, killing a 5 year old sibling is hard to fathom. Especially when you consider that they left the 2 year old sibling alone. What makes a 5 year old sibling different from a 2 year old sibling when it comes to stabbing them to death?

-Stabbing someone to death is a lot different from shooting someone to death. You have to be right next to them, and they don't usually die immediately. It usually takes multiple stab wounds and you are inflicting pain with each one. I think there is a reason that mass murderers don't usually choose knives as their weapon of choice. It would seem more likely that after 1 or 2 killings, you would be so disgusted and feel so guilty about what you have done that you would stop killing.

Of course, I guess this thread shows that it is hard to know what is going through the mind of someone with a mental disorder.

Reportedly homeschooled = Broken Arrow Duggar wackos??

Reportedly homeschooled = Broken Arrow Duggar wackos??

OMG are you for real did you just insult homeschool kids because of these wackos? I have know a lot of people who homeschooled and all had very normal kids.

And I've known some home-schooled kids who had zero social skills and were very "weird."

In that case, I think it was far more about the parents wanting near total control over the kids, rather than choosing to do so because they thought it a better educational tool/option. (BTW, those parents were more on the liberal/libertarian spectrum and did so because they didn't trust Govt run schools. Of course, they didn't vaccinate their kids either in addition to lots of other issues to which their paranoia shined through.)

The reasons behind why a kid gets home-schooled are as varied as people's personalities. Some do it to basically brainwash their kids, others do it to control them, and yet others do it because they believe it's the best method to educate their kids. It's really hard to pigeon hole within that subset of society.

I'd almost be willing to bet that the kids are going to eventually claim that they were abused (ala, the Menendez Bros); were isolated; or will enter a claim of not guilty by reason of insanity. Any of which may or not be true. I realize that it's only an early media report and is reportedly only the take of one neighbor, but it sounds like the kids were being controlled and isolated. The question then becomes which came first: the parents need to isolate/protect them and the rest of society from them; or did the isolation and control turn them into the little monsters they are; or is it a matter of mental illness?

Reactions: WCPoke
OMG are you for real did you just insult homeschool kids because of these wackos? I have know a lot of people who homeschooled and all had very normal kids.

These kids were allegedly homeschooled and appear to be wackos. The family (again..allegedly) kept them insulated from the outside world. The aforementioned was my source for the Duggar comparison.

Ok I just felt it was unfair to lump homeschool kids in that category. Especially in the common core era. There are some really smart people homeschooling their kids and the kids are really smart productive kids. Now if the parents don't socialize the kids the enough I could see the comment on social issues but in this day an age there are tons of events where homeschool kids get together.

I haven't seen the photo, but a LE spokesman in BA in front of news cameras said something along the lines of "the smirk on the face of the 18-year-old in his mug shot tells you everything you need to know about him."

Creepy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT