ADVERTISEMENT

Banning the words "husband" and "wife"

One of the great comedy classics is Abbott and Costello's "who's on first". I guess the next pile of dog sh*t coming out of the "pc douche" left will be to change it to "who's on top".:rolleyes:

Count down for Up, and Sys to get their talking points to justify this non-sense.

Why can't people who want to be husband and wife call themselves that? People who want to be called a couple or spouse or what ever they like can have their status listed how they want?

This is moronic.

I'll bet CCup and Syskatine have a boner for that corpse looking Lois Capps. Liberal is soooooo sexy. Somebody should have posted a warning about that picture on the page. I thought I was looking at a poster for Creep Show.

How will this square with all the newly married gays who call their spouses husband or wife?

How will this square with all the newly married gays who call their spouses husband or wife?

If the specific language is specifically "husband and wife," I can see how it creates a dilemma now that wife and wife / husband and husband are legally protected marital unions.

Kind of like the whole y2k thing, there are semantic changes that need to be addressed so existing laws continue to make sense I would imagine.

Now, puting this in terms of equality etc is ridiculous. It should just be a matter now of cleaning up nebulous verbiage.

Why should it mention spouse? Why do you have to be married? One should be allowed to enter a contract with another that one wishes to share the benefits typically afforded a spouse.

What the fuk else do you guys pay attention to other than gays.

Seems to occupy an inordinate amount of your thought.

Read more.

You're right , read some more stupid shit that agrees with your stupid shit, that's why you sound like a fn hay seed every time you use words.

It isn't going to do anything to have an affect on anyone or their lives, they're just words.

Please tell me how this is going to change your life one iota.

Sounds terribly serious:

She said her bill would also have other benefits if it became law. In one example, she noted that U.S. law says it's illegal to threaten the president's wife, but says nothing about the president's husband.

What the fuk else do you guys pay attention to other than gays.

Seems to occupy an inordinate amount of your thought.

Read more.

Not from around here? Hot topic of the moment. There have been others, plenty of others.

Gays, people of color and abortion.

This board reps what's wrong with this country.

Assholes at the far ends of the spectrum fn it up for everybody.

Mega got it, it's merely an easy way to "fix" a verbiage issue without having to revisit every federal statute.

It's not "banning" the use of those terms, just fixing a minor language problem that now exists due to the ruling.

BTW, I would just like to point out: The Washington Examiner is not an actual journalistic publication. It's merely a home for bloggers, who publish under the same banner. The end result is that it's not much more than opinions expressed by individuals, not an actual news outlet.

Reactions: davidallen
Any more, most "news outlets" seem to put out nothing but opinions as well. If you're a liberal, there's news outlets suited to you. Conservative? You're covered. Islamic terrorist? Yep, you too.

"News" today is nothing more than sensational reality TV bullshit to get clicks and viewership. Quite sad.

Reactions: davidallen
Mega got it, it's merely an easy way to "fix" a verbiage issue without having to revisit every federal statute.

It's not "banning" the use of those terms, just fixing a minor language problem that now exists due to the ruling.

BTW, I would just like to point out: The Washington Examiner is not an actual journalistic publication. It's merely a home for bloggers, who publish under the same banner. The end result is that it's not much more than opinions expressed by individuals, not an actual news outlet.

Oh, just like the Summer's Eve gargle's on MSNBC; got it.:rolleyes:

Do you actually think your news source is better?

It's not just in case you thought otherwise.

Makes sense. Thanks.

There is a huge industry providing propaganda for the far right, there are a very small amount of publications and blogs for the left, and there is just real news.
But the right has gotten great benefit for many years promoting the myth that there's some "liberal bias" in real reporting, so that people listen to hate radio and read ridiculous blogs like this instead of real news. The same is happening with science, education, history--people with no bias merely telling the truth get attacked as having "liberal bias," so people can be conned into thinking things like, well, "They're trying to ban the words bride and groom!" and similar hysteria.

Any more, most "news outlets" seem to put out nothing but opinions as well. If you're a liberal, there's news outlets suited to you. Conservative? You're covered. Islamic terrorist? Yep, you too.

"News" today is nothing more than sensational reality TV bullshit to get clicks and viewership. Quite sad.

There is a huge industry providing propaganda for the far right, there are a very small amount of publications and blogs for the left, and there is just real news.
But the right has gotten great benefit for many years promoting the myth that there's some "liberal bias" in real reporting, so that people listen to hate radio and read ridiculous blogs like this instead of real news. The same is happening with science, education, history--people with no bias merely telling the truth get attacked as having "liberal bias," so people can be conned into thinking things like, well, "They're trying to ban the words bride and groom!" and similar hysteria.
Uh huh. A small amount of publications and blogs for the left? You didn't really type this with a straight face did you? Typical left wing crap. You guys cannot admit your side is just as guilty as the other side when it comes to bias or anything else for that matter. I suppose MSNBC is just a blog or maybe a publication?

Geez dude, at least attempt to be factual.

I'll bet CCup and Syskatine have a boner for that corpse looking Lois Capps. Liberal is soooooo sexy. Somebody should have posted a warning about that picture on the page. I thought I was looking at a poster for Creep Show.

I looked her up. She's 13 years older than Peggy Noonan. Take a good look - the similarity is remarkable, and they're polar opposite politically.

Yet again, you've going out of your way to gratuitously rip some women's appearance, which: 1. At this point, the "single out a woman and call her ugly" move is a routine, chickenshit move, and 2. You're wrong again. Lois is 77. If I'm 77, I'm all over Lois. If I'm 87, I'm chasing her around the yard, if I can chase anything at 87. She's not 27, but she looks good and has a lot of mileage left, and so does Peggy at 63.

peggy_noonan_kylebogucki.jpg

Medic, this is Peggy Noonan. You've won, you know that? That's right -- you chased all the liberals off the battlefield. Conservatives too, apparently. When everyone was gone, there you were -- on the wall. Monitoring all the conservative, anti-gay blogs, waiting for the next shoe to drop. Always thinking about it, bringing it up, spending your energy on it. Thank you.

Love, Peg.

P.S. You can let it go now. Doesn't the camera love me? I could have Lois' husband, but I wouldn't allow him in my bed since he's an impotent liberal. I like real men, like Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump. And you. Pity, it gets so old, all the really interesting ones being so disinterested.

capps_208_0911121.jpg

Medic, this is Ms. Capps, and Nancy Pelosi, Henry Waxman and I were sharing a spritzer in Malibu and a photographer captured me reading your posts! I think everyone knows what's driving this mysogny, the rage, the energy you have for these "ugly women" posts... the aping of appreciation for female beauty. The conclusion is inescapable: You are a
homeopathic doctor of some kind, aren't you?

Regards,
Ms. Capps

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT