ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody Live In Hot Springs Village?

Deepfork

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I'm just checking out places to retire too in a few years and this is a major consideration along with Stillwater. I want to be able to play golf most of the year but I've never been a beach and palm trees guy.

I'm just checking out places to retire too in a few years and this is a major consideration along with Stillwater. I want to be able to play golf most of the year but I've never been a beach and palm trees guy.
I like Stillwater better but it is a personal choice.

Boot Ranch, Fredericksburg.

Don’t tell Bluegrass about it, we don’t want those metroplex hordes ruining the Hill Country.

Reactions: BluegrassPoke

Don’t tell Bluegrass about it, we don’t want those metroplex hordes ruining the Hill Country.
No worries, after my son graduates from HS my wife, 9yr old and me will move to a smaller place in Frisco and buy another place in Celebration, FL. My oldest is going to work for Disney in May and get her MBA focused on hospitality at UCF.

I played golf with a couple from Hot Springs Village last week in Myrtle Beach. When I told them that was a place I was looking at, they said a single guy like me would have women lined up to bring casserole's and meet me. I guess it is a thing. I've heard that about retirement communities and frankly, it doesn't sound too bad.

Boot Ranch looks a little pricey and only one course. hot Springs Village has about 7 or 8 courses. I love the hill country but it looks a little out of my range.

Boot Ranch looks a little pricey and only one course. hot Springs Village has about 7 or 8 courses. I love the hill country but it looks a little out of my range.

a little cliche maybe, but why don’t you look at sun city in Georgetown?

Reactions: The Duke
The gold courses and lakes are pretty nice. Downside, it’s about 30 minutes to get anywhere...and most of Hot Springs is a dump. I enjoy coming over here but could never lived here.

a little cliche maybe, but why don’t you look at sun city in Georgetown?

I’ll bump this...my son has played on a couple of these courses and they are very enjoyable and more scenic than I expected. Even the Texas high school state championship was held there this last spring.

I’ll also plug Cimmaron Hills Golf Club in Georgetown - one of my good friends is the head pro there. Nicklaus signature design, very nice Troon property with relatively reasonable entry point for both the club and local homes. Much more affordable than Boot Ranch and in the northern fringe of the Austin metro area (but still relatively undeveloped).

https://www.cimarronhills.com/

I've been to Hot Springs Village a number of times. All of the golf courses are terrific. The neighborhood has multiple lakes as well. It is a place I plan to have a second home. Highly recommend it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT