ADVERTISEMENT

Any thoughts on the submarinable?

soonerinlOUisiana

Heisman Winner
May 29, 2004
fvck off, leftists
www.youtube.com
The more I read up on this story, the more I think that they’re long gone.

Contact lost half way into the initial descent. I think they were probably gone at this point.

Even if they find them trapped in the wreck, seems like there’s little chance of extracting them. All of those various submersibles appear to be designed to withstand pressure, rightfully so, rather than to provide thrust/propulsion.

And no way in hell would I get on that thing, let alone shell out $250,000 to do so. You wouldn’t actually SEE the titanic. At best you might catch a glimpse through that little porthole. Everything else would be from cameras and imaging instruments.

And then, the damned thing can only be opened from the outside. They could have been floating on the surface or hovering at a survivable depth all this time only to run out of oxygen. FTS.

The more I read up on this story, the more I think that they’re long gone.

Contact lost half way into the initial descent. I think they were probably gone at this point.

Even if they find them trapped in the wreck, seems like there’s little chance of extracting them. All of those various submersibles appear to be designed to withstand pressure, rightfully so, rather than to provide thrust/propulsion.

And no way in hell would I get on that thing, let alone shell out $250,000 to do so. You wouldn’t actually SEE the titanic. At best you might catch a glimpse through that little porthole. Everything else would be from cameras and imaging instruments.

And then, the damned thing can only be opened from the outside. They could have been floating on the surface or hovering at a survivable depth all this time only to run out of oxygen. FTS.
Sad deal & agree that thing is long gone. Also agree wouldn't shell out $250K American to go that far under the ocean to see the Titanic. I wouldn't spend $2.50 America to do it.

Can't imagine the continuing cycle of stress that submersible went through going from sea level to the titanic. The stated pressure is 350 atm (5,144 PSI) at 12,500 feet, at sea level you are looking at 14.7 psi.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Know the father and grandfather of two of the people in the submarine. Family is very upset.

Its sad, but I don't criticize them for taking the risk. Its no different than the first astronauts that died on the launchpad of Apollo 1 or those that have died in shuttle disasters. Society will learn from this accident, and in the future, underwater submersibles and deep sea exploration will become as common and routine as today's space flights.

Its sad, but I don't criticize them for taking the risk. Its no different than the first astronauts that died on the launchpad of Apollo 1 or those that have died in shuttle disasters. Society will learn from this accident, and in the future, underwater submersibles and deep sea exploration will become as common and routine as today's space flights.
Maybe but I bet they won't be using some piecemeal coffin tube using a generic Playstation controller.

Reactions: davidallen
Maybe but I bet they won't be using some piecemeal coffin tube using a generic Playstation controller.
No doubt. Its clear that this company cut corners. I love the CEO's quote about not hiring ex-military white guys and instead looking for diverse candidates. Because Lord knows when there's a life-or-death problem, we'd hate to have ex military operators who have experience in life-or-death situations at the helm.

Reporting another submersible has found a debris field. Not looking good for a happy ending.

No way in hell I would ever consider doing that. If I feel the need to see the Titanic's resting place pictures and videos are fine with me.

Reactions: windriverrange
No doubt. Its clear that this company cut corners. I love the CEO's quote about not hiring ex-military white guys and instead looking for diverse candidates. Because Lord knows when there's a life-or-death problem, we'd hate to have ex military operators who have experience in life-or-death situations at the helm.
What helm? From what I've seen and read all the control they had was pushing a button to go down and then hit it again to return. The controller was for the cameras only.

If that's true and this moron only hired people based on their diversity I hope they sue him into generational poverty and send him down to the Titanic in one of his own defective submersibles.

If that's true and this moron only hired people based on their diversity I hope they sue him into generational poverty and send him down to the Titanic in one of his own defective submersibles.
Yes, its true. And the CEO was on the sub.

Read a twitter thread about what happened if it depressurized (or pressurized, depending on how you look at it) and basically if it sprung a leak, they were all likely instantly dead. Some people were discussing how there's an instant crazy heat rise that basically combusts everything instantly from the force of air being suddenly moved and compressed, if I understood it correctly.

The physics of that stuff is amazing. There was a sudden de-pressurization in the 1970's in a diving bell and decompression chamber under an oil rig that was awful -- body parts everywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: wyomingosualum
I'm conflicted on blame. The stories that the CEO KNEW it was unsafe and still did nothing are infuriating.. On the other hand, e1 was told the risks, it's obviously dangerous, and exploration is inherently dangerous.

They may have some liability if they covered up safety problems and didn't tell people about them when they asked customers to sign away their life.

Don't be surprised if there's some choice of law or forum selection clause that puts any litigation into a banana republic with a greased court.

At least it looks like they died basically instantly via implosion vs. sitting at the bottom for 5 days with minimal food and water just waiting on their air to expire.

Water dissolving and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Under the water, carry the water
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground

Water dissolving and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Under the water, carry the water
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground

This seems like something @ClintonDavidScott would be running somewhere on keystone lake.

It’s Russian roulette on if the oxygen tanks got out of hock before going down.

They were warned by experts in their field and ignored them. Sadly those that were in charge didn't take those lives seriously or their own and ignored the warnings much like the ones in charge of the Titanic but on a much smaller scale.

2 miles under sea the pressure could most likely cause delirium. Hence why they were bolted in. Besides, at that depth would an escape hatch have helped?

Last edited:
353024305_10227757892325946_3101286500360260478_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT