ADVERTISEMENT

Any Justified fans on here?

CBradSmith

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2005
Series finale tomorrow. This season has been fantastic.

I keep up with 2 series and this one is coming to an end. If it wasn't for GOT I'd have no need for a tv outside of football season.

I've never seen the show, but they talk about it on The Ticket all the time. I think it is really funny that a good number of the characters are named after guys who work at The Ticket.

Can't wait. I've been watching from the beginning.

IMO, the series really did Elmore Leonard justice.

Just a great a show. I thought last season was pretty blah by Justified standards but this final season has been great.

Only show I religiously record/watch on TV. Great!

The degree of Boyd's evil has made me turn on him.

And I love the portrayal of Boon has been, again, fantastic.

Going to be a lot of dead bodies tonight.

I hope there's a spinoff called "Because of Wynn Duffy" ...

(assuming he doesn't get axed tonight)

Really going to miss this show. One, if not the best, show on TV in a long time. Who doesn't like hillbillies with prolific vocabularies?

I personally think this is the best written show as far as dialogue since Dead Wood. Each episode is just full of gems

Boyd comes across as likeable by me. He is country and has a ton in common with Raylynn. I am hoping for an ending where both of them agree to disagree and somehow leave on Harlan County good terms.

Thought Ava's role has diminished in quality this season and to be honest, go back to Season 1 and listen to her speak, act, etc. it is not even the same person.

Boone is a great character though as was Mags, Wyn's boss with the wrist gun (can't remember his name), and Limehouse.

I could do without Sam Elliott though, that role could have been a taken by someone different.

Has anyone seen Boon on something else?

Boyd's likability probably has a ton to do with how great Goggins is. They guy was amazing. When you look at what Boyd actually did over the course of the series there wasn't a lot of grey area. He was a bad dude.

Several subtle "don't know watchacallits" last night. SPOILER!!! Remember Boon made comments that he always goes to the head . Tougher shot but many wear Kevlar on the chest. Takes the head shot at Raylan and where does Raylan put his bullet? Raylan switching hats was gold.

Loved the simple twist on Raylan's ex remarrying someone and Raylan accepting it and being a dad.

Originally posted by ThePokewithNoName:
I was fairly satisfied with the way they wrapped the show up.

SPOILERS

I was afraid they were going to kill both Boyd and Raylin in the final episode.

Kind of fitting that they both affirmed their kinship was tied to the coal mines
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Agreed. The perfect line to end the series. I also like that "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" was almost an ongoing theme song that was featured almost every season....and Eva, Raylan, and Boyd all ended up leaving Harlan alive by the end.

I was satisfied as well.

Make no mistake, I'm a huge fan of how Boyd was acted and written. Maybe for all those seasons I was making excuses for him, but an episode or 2 back where he shot the guy in the truck beside him, claiming "I'm an outlaw," moved me firmly against wanting any happy ending for him. I guess I can't remember him killing anybody overtly innocent, or maybe in a follow up episode he had persuaded me that he had seen the light. Don't know. Hope he rots. haha

I said "No f'ing way" when Boon and Raylan had that shootout. You could see the blood splatter shoot off Raylan, so he was obviously hit. The hole in the hat also looked ominous. I believe I repeated "No f'ing way" to myself upon seeing that hole (which looked dead center upon initial observation).

Anyway, definitely felt a kinship with the show. Sad it's gone. I guess if I can get HBO without cable now, I'll have it all shut off.

Am I the only one who didn't like Sam Elliott in his role?

I thought he was convincing. Guess he's a little old though.

Originally posted by Dally1up:

Has anyone seen Boon on something else?

Boon was Tommy in the Black Donnely's (one of my favorite shows) and is in the Audience original series Kingdom which is really good if you like MMA.

A couple of Questions:

1. Did constable Bob survive being shot?

2. What was the title of the book that Raylen gave to Tim? The way it was discussed seemed like it might have had some meaning in reference to their friendship.

Originally posted by Bitter Creek:
A couple of Questions:

2. What was the title of the book that Raylen gave to Tim? The way it was discussed seemed like it might have had some meaning in reference to their friendship.
1. I think so, and certainly hope so. I'm pulling for a comedy spinoff with him.

2. "the Friends of Eddie Coyle" by George V. Higgins. It was more of a tip of the cap to Elmore Leonard who said it was a major influence on his writing style and decision to move away from Westerns to more modern crime fiction.

i'm actually reading it right now. I froze the scene on my DVR and impulse ordered it on Amazon.

Originally posted by CowboyJD:

Originally posted by Bitter Creek:
A couple of Questions:

1. I think so, and certainly hope so. I'm pulling for a comedy spinoff with him.

2. "the Friends of Eddie Coyle" by George V. Higgins. It was more of a tip of the cap to Elmore Leonard who said it was a major influence on his writing style and decision to move away from Westerns to more modern crime fiction.

i'm actually reading it right now. I froze the scene on my DVR and impulse ordered it on Amazon.
I would like to hear your thoughts on the book when you finish reading it.

I thought that Justified was a really solid series. Good guys that are kind of bad and bad guys that are kind of bad (at least up until the last couple of weeks, the Boyd was just all bad).

I thought it was really interesting how Boyd tried to tempt Raylen to give in to the dark side an shoot him. As he said a couple of weeks ago when Raylen didn't immediately go check on Bob, "well then.. i've already won".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT