ADVERTISEMENT

Antique & Classic car rally every 3rd Friday in Stillwater.

Headhunter

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Stillwater, OK
NE Corner of HWY 51 & Country Club. It's free.

11136687_10153354402104155_5484352725211153291_n.jpg

This post was edited on 4/20 12:41 PM by Headhunter

Re: Antique & Classic car rally in Stillwater tonight 5 to 8PM

On the topic of classic cars shows.....

Are there any decent car shows in Tulsa throughout the year?

Reason I ask, I just attended the Lonestar Roundup down in Austin for the fourth time. Definitely my favorite show of the year......great rat rods, good music, cruising on Congress, throwback fashion, etc. Certainly more to look at than your standard boring car show.

Having said that, the traffic in Austin is horrible and not really appropriate for classic cars. Nothing like overheating at a light for 20 minutes while waiting for someone to move. Just awful.

It seems like Tulsa would be a great city to host a show like this. Fantastic music venues, good clubs, decent nightlife, and manageable traffic. Is there much of a rockabilly scene in T-town?

HH, do you know if the Stillwater show is tied to spring game weekend each year? Would be easier to keep track of, if it is.

The Lonestar show is awesome, no doubt. The reason I said "Damn" in my first response was because I didn't see Headhunter's post until too late Friday. My son's '70 'Cuda is in my garage near Stillwater having just been completed.

Unfortunately, my son had already left and was headed to his home in Austin. Missed both chances at a first show. Oh well.

Nippon, I guess you live in Tulsa area, now? I have two sons living south of the river in Austin. Maybe we can meet up in Austin next year. I have a '47 Dodge pickup I'd like to cruise Congress in. The 'Cuda will be a great ride, too. I'll have to follow him around in the PU with extra gas for the 512.

I'm actually in OKC. Was certainly agreeing with our T-town members in that Tulsa is the better music town, for sure. Thought it would be ideal for a show like Lonestar.

Thanks for the offer in Austin.

Originally posted by AggiesBoy:
HH, do you know if the Stillwater show is tied to spring game weekend each year? Would be easier to keep track of, if it is.

The Lonestar show is awesome, no doubt. The reason I said "Damn" in my first response was because I didn't see Headhunter's post until too late Friday. My son's '70 'Cuda is in my garage near Stillwater having just been completed.

Unfortunately, my son had already left and was headed to his home in Austin. Missed both chances at a first show. Oh well.

Nippon, I guess you live in Tulsa area, now? I have two sons living south of the river in Austin. Maybe we can meet up in Austin next year. I have a '47 Dodge pickup I'd like to cruise Congress in. The 'Cuda will be a great ride, too. I'll have to follow him around in the PU with extra gas for the 512.
They are going to start having a rally every third Friday of the month at Ron Shirley's, Country Club and 6th. Everyone is welcome and anyone can park and show their vehicle. The weather was a little iffy last Friday but there was a decent turnout and the hope is it will continue to grow as word gets out.

These are just for fun there is no competition involved. They will be having one competition this fall for trophy's and prizes.

Last edited:

Originally posted by Headhunter:

Originally posted by AggiesBoy:

They are going to start having a rally every third Friday of the month at Ron Shirley's, Country Club and 6th. Everyone is welcome and anyone can park and show their vehicle. The weather was a little iffy last Friday but there was a decent turnout and the hope is it will continue to grow has word gets out.

These are just for fun there is no competition involved. They will be having one competition this fall for trophy's and prizes.
Sounds kind of like Cars and Coffee. We have one here in DFW (Classic BMW in Plano) on the first Saturday morning of every month. Lots of fun and you never know what's going to be there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT