ADVERTISEMENT

Amateur Wrestling News

Old Number Nine

Starter
Jan 20, 2005
I was killing some time today checking some Wrestling links; found a interview of Alan Fried when he was a freshman in high school that led me to an pod cast of coach Brands where he talked a little about wrestling Fried, till I ran across and article that mentioned "Amateur Wrestling News" which I had completely forgotten.

I always went to the OSU library at least once a week to see if a new mag had come in and then spend an hour or so absorbing it, I even read the older copies stored there. I had a subscription for about twenty years starting my first year after college ('81) until the internet started offering more timely and sometimes better content.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone still subscribe, are they in anyway relevant and are they still in Oklahoma?

Last edited:
Reactions: OAMC99
I was killing some time today checking some Wrestling links; found a interview of Alan Fried when he was a freshman in high school that led me to an pod cast of coach Brands where he talked a little about wrestling Fried, till I ran across and article that mentioned "Amateur Wrestling News" which I had completely forgotten.

I always went to the OSU library at least once a week to see if a new mag had come in and then spend an hour or so absorbing it, I ever read the older copies stored there. I had a subscription for about twenty years starting my first year after college ('81) until the internet started offering more timely and sometimes better content.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone still subscribe, are they in anyway relevant and are they still in Oklahoma?
My dad still gets them mailed to him. I’m pretty sure they’re still based in Oklahoma.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT