ADVERTISEMENT

A look at Alex's historical placement

Orangebomber

All-Big12
May 29, 2001
He started the season 13th on the list for winning percentage. He has now moved into 8th between Alan Fried and Pat Smith. He has a good chance to be a four time AA which has less than 20 wrestlers from OSU. This season should place in in top ten for perfect seasons. If he wins 33 matches as this year he would move into second all time in wins. He would be tied for fourth in winning percentage. He would be on list of longest unbeaten streak. He will be top ten in falls and most likely Major decisions, bonus wins and percentage.

He simply will be one of the most decorated wrestlers in Oklahoma State History.

I'm trying to remember the last OSU wrestler as dominant as Alex. It's been awhile. Alex is a physical beast with very good technique as well.

Oliver should have been a 3x. He had Steiber taken down at the end of their finals match.

Originally posted by Orangebomber:
He started the season 13th on the list for winning percentage. He has now moved into 8th between Alan Fried and Pat Smith. He has a good chance to be a four time AA which has less than 20 wrestlers from OSU. This season should place in in top ten for perfect seasons. If he wins 33 matches as this year he would move into second all time in wins. He would be tied for fourth in winning percentage. He would be on list of longest unbeaten streak. He will be top ten in falls and most likely Major decisions, bonus wins and percentage.

He simply will be one of the most decorated wrestlers in Oklahoma State History.
I concur completely. John made a push at the after party Saturday night for him to assume the leadership role for the team going into next year by having him speak. He will be a great team leader much as Perry and Caldwell were when they were seniors.

Originally posted by Cowboy1989:

I'm trying to remember the last OSU wrestler as dominant as Alex. It's been awhile. Alex is a physical beast with very good technique as well.
Chris Pendleton (2003 - 2005)
30-1 - 3rd (screw job lost to Brad Dillon in the semi's),
33-1 - 1st (lost to Asscream at B12),
36-1 - 1st (lost 11-10 to Waldhaus of OU while recovering from an illness)

Alex
30-2 - 3rd (I believe both losses were to St. John)
32-1 - 1st (loss to St. John)
35-0 - 1st

Very similar as both Chris an Alex can/could do anything. Dominate from their feet, great on top, lots of pins. Main difference was that Chris had his Redshirt year pulled due to an late injury to starter Ty Wilcox and lost that year.

Chris was more dynamic (first win after redshirt soph year was a lateral drop, pin) lots of inside trips but Alex is never out of control. I believe he had only one offensive score (two point takedown in the quarters) on him this year.

This post was edited on 3/23 9:52 AM by Old Number Nine

It is a testament to our program that someone as amazing as Alex will "merely" be in the top 10 in a lot of all-time categories.

Originally posted by Air_Thurman:
It is a testament to our program that someone as amazing as Alex will "merely" be in the top 10 in a lot of all-time categories.
No doubt. Pretty sure I heard Steiber was the first four time AA at Ohio St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT