ADVERTISEMENT

5 people, living or dead to spend 1 hour talking to

Tough one....my list would likely change every time I typed it, but here it goes:

Martin Luther King Jr
Gandhi
Quanah Parker
Warren Buffett
Bert Cooper (not the boxer. My grandpa and the only one that would always make the list)

Reactions: MegaPoke
I'd rather list 5 living and 5 dead, and I'll restrict myself to NON-family, otherwise I'd for sure choose my mother, who died when I was 9. I'll also restict myself to non-biblical figures.

Dead:
  1. George Washington
  2. Jonathan Edwards
  3. Winston Churchill
  4. Duke Ellington
  5. John Locke
Alive:
  1. John Cleese
  2. Elvis Costello (Declan McManus)
  3. Jeff Tweedy
  4. George Pelecanos
  5. Arsene Wenger

Dead:
Davinci
Audie Murphy
Queen Elizabeth
Lincoln
Richard Feynman

Alive:
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Sir Martyn Poliakoff
Kenny Dalglish
Prof. Phillip Moriarty
Gordon Moore

George Whitfield
Jonathan Edwards
Charles Spurgeon
John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
(The latter two in the same room at the same time. I'd prefer just to listen to their discussion -- especially their view of America in the modern context.)

Benjamin Franklin
Anne Frank (and a translator)
Richard Winters (Band of Brothers)
Quentin Tarantino
Steve Martin

Honorable Mention: Adolph Hitler. Just so I could kick him in the testicles (testicle?) repeatedly for 1 hour.

Dead,

Albert Einstein
James Madison
Ghengis Khan
Voltaire
Saul/Paul

Alive

Natalie Portman
Charlize Theron
Morena Baccarin
Jennifer Lawrence
Scarlett Johansson

Dead:
Apostle Paul
Charles Spurgeon
Martin Luther
Albert Einstein
Ty Cobb

Alive:
Antonin Scalia
George W Bush
Obama
Bill Clinton
Bruce Jenner

Dead:

All 4 of my grandparents. I was the baby of the family and missed out on all of them in their younger days. Didn't get to meet my maternal grandfather as he died 2 years before my birth. After that, it's kinda hard, but I would say Mickey Mantle.

Alive:

This seems crazy, but I would give anything to have a meaningful conversation with my dad again. His dementia came on suddenly after a heart attack 2 and a half years ago...one day he was his usual self, the next, he's hallucinating and talking nonsense....and he's pretty much just a shell now. I used to hate when he would tear into me about things, but damn....I miss all of that so much now.

Jerry Miculek (professional shooter and record holder of many shooting titles)
Bill Murray (saw that above, that's a good one for sure)
Harrison Ford (although, I would imagine there would be a lot of pregnant pauses with that conversation lol)
Clint Eastwood

ADVERTISEMENT