ADVERTISEMENT

23-24 Recruiting News

DEWrestlingFan

Commitment
Aug 31, 2005
Who turns out to be our best recruit for this years class? Do any skip redshirt and start as true freshman? Hughes, Thompson, Carroll? What type of impact does Heeg and Robb have? Where does Haas fit in over the next few years with these incoming recruits? Can he beat Witlake or Surber to start this year at 84 or 97?

Hughes has gotta be headed towards a redshirt. Interesting to see if Travis comes back or if Thompson slides in.

Reactions: JAY45
Can’t see Doucet holding off Carroll

Agree Hughes should RS…really like leading off w Spratley/Fix/Alvarez which seems to give the luxury of the RS

If Wittlake is back, should be interesting to see if he holds off Thompson.

Agree Hughes should RS…really like leading off w Spratley/Fix/Alvarez which seems to give the luxury of the RS

Wittlake isn’t coming back

Reactions: slickr3
125- Spratley
133- Fix
141- Alvarez
149- Williams
157- ?
165- NIU Kid
174- Plott
184- Thompson
197- Surber
HWT- Carroll

Reactions: DPJ and JAY45
125- Spratley
133- Fix
141- Alvarez
149- Williams
157- ?
165- NIU Kid
174- Plott
184- Thompson
197- Surber
HWT- Carroll
Seems like an upgrade from last season.
Will be excited to see this lineup
Answering the question at 157 feels like will go a long way in determining the outcome for this Team.

Reactions: osu2082
The problem at 157 will have to be addressed by brining someone in. We pretty much have zero options besides bumping Williams up, then that would leave a hole at 149. And I think 149 is and should be Williams weight.

Reactions: Chasingthirty-five

100% Hughes will redshirt unless injury it will be Alverez or Jamison by no means is this Sammy’s spot .Whitlake is 70-30 on no return. Still have an option if they want felkamp . If they take him

Reactions: DPJ
100% Hughes will redshirt unless injury it will be Alverez or Jamison by no means is this Sammy’s spot .Whitlake is 70-30 on no return. Still have an option if they want felkamp . If they take him
Did I miss Jamison signing or is he just expecting to transfer to us?

Reactions: driad
125- Spratley
133- Fix
141- Alvarez
149- Williams
157- ?
165- NIU Kid
174- Plott
184- Thompson
197- Surber
HWT- Carroll
7/10 dudes will be new. I think it’s gonna be a rocky season with flashes of greatness. Maybe things will click for the new guys sooner than later but that’s a lot of D1 lumps to take for the first time.

7/10 dudes will be new. I think it’s gonna be a rocky season with flashes of greatness. Maybe things will click for the new guys sooner than later but that’s a lot of D1 lumps to take for the first time.
Every new guy in the line up will be an upgrade ,and the ones coming back will be much better.

Reactions: DPJ
well shouldn’t take much to be better than this last one. Sammy should be a nice add.

Reactions: bwel9339
I’m sure Carter will appreciate your comments and confidence in him . You’re talking about a kid that wrestled with an injured knee and will be out for six months with rehab and recovery

I’m sure Carter will appreciate your comments and confidence in him . You’re talking about a kid that wrestled with an injured knee and will be out for six months with rehab and recovery
any thing you can share about what we may see at 157? someone already in the room? someone new?
any thing you can share about what we may see at 157? someone already in the room? someone new?
There will be some more in the next couple ow weeks

wittlake must be planning on driving in from edmond everyday to practice.

Reactions: osudog
Carter is tough as hell. For him to wrestle with the injury he had was impressive. He's a tough kid with a bright future ahead of him.

Reactions: bwel9339
You’re the one that said every new guy in the lineup will be an upgrade. Pretty sure there will be a new guy at 141.

Nobody said anything about Carter. All was said is Alvarez will be nice addition. Stop taking everything to the extreme and twisting peoples words.
This is exactly what was said nobody’s trying to stir up anything or change any words.
well shouldn’t take much to be better than this last one. Sammy should be a nice add.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
This is exactly what was said nobody’s trying to stir up anything or change any words.
I believe he was saying that overall it shouldn’t take much to be better than last year’s team. And that Sammy is a good addition. Not a personal shot at Carter. It was a shot at a poorly performing team. Which I think everyone agrees upon when you have your worst NCAAs ever and that backed up one of the worst.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT