ADVERTISEMENT

2015 recruiting class ranked #2

I'm not very knowledgeable in signing of recruits so pardon if this question is obvious...but when can a student officially sign? Junior or Senior in High School? I'm from Sand Springs and PSU is making me nervous concerning a particular young wrestler.

A recruit can not sign early letter of intent until their senior year around Nov 10. As for a verbal anytime they want. Our coaches know and want Daton at OSU, we will have 2 recruits coming in that after a few years could move up a weight which will open 125 for our Oklahoma young man. Unless something has happen between OSU and the Fix family, Daton bleeds Orange.

A recruit can not sign early letter of intent until their senior year around Nov 10. As for a verbal anytime they want. Our coaches know and want Daton at OSU, we will have 2 recruits coming in that after a few years could move up a weight which will open 125 for our Oklahoma young man. Unless something has happen between OSU and the Fix family, Daton bleeds Orange.
We would have to do something very stupid to not get Daton Fix.However, I have said this before and believe it that while we never offer what some describe as full rides we will have to come up with a mix of scholarship,academic and other financial inducements that approximate the same thing and we will. There are four other children in that family and college prices being what they are it is a hardship for any family of that size no matter their particular circumstances. The family is among the nicest and most stable families in the wrestling world and OSU would miss not only a great wrestler but some of the most staunch supporters.

Isn't this the same thing PSU fans said regarding CM a few years ago? There are very few things in life that are locks.

A top in-State kid that everybody thought was going to the top in-State school...yeah, that's completely different.

I don't know really anything about CM's family but a few questions... Were most of his immediate family ing with several aunt and uncles alums of PSU?

Did CM grow up with PSU sports posters all over his room and PSU clothing filling his closet?

Being an instate kid and a fan of the local university is quite a bit different than growing up immersed in your families university.

Sure nothing is a lock but I think the comparison you are trying to make may be way off.

A top in-State kid that everybody thought was going to the top in-State school...yeah, that's completely different.
Fix' dad wrestled at OSU with coach Smith. I would say the situations are drastically different.

Fix' dad wrestled at OSU with coach Smith. I would say the situations are drastically different.
One of John Smith's own nephews wouldn't even wrestle for him @OSU. So nothing is ever a sure thing. What I was referencing was that it seems most everyone on this site thinks/hopes Fix ends up in Stilly. I got a little birdy telling me that Zeke at ASU will somehow be in the conversation before all is said and done. It is fun to speculate, tho, in the off-season.

One of John Smith's own nephews wouldn't even wrestle for him @OSU. So nothing is ever a sure thing. What I was referencing was that it seems most everyone on this site thinks/hopes Fix ends up in Stilly. I got a little birdy telling me that Zeke at ASU will somehow be in the conversation before all is said and done. It is fun to speculate, tho, in the off-season.
Of course nothing is a sure thing and nobody has said it is. Comparing the recruitment of CM and Fix is just silly. Now comparing it to Perry's recruitment is a little closer, but still not the same. I don't think it is a secret that Zeke is in on Fix, but I still think and hope he stays home. It is fun to speculate and follow the recruiting. It is quite a long ways til his commitment will be solidified. It was great to see him raise his stock to another level, since he started later than many others I think we will see continued improvement.

The kid seems to certainly be putting himself into position to be a very highly coveted recruit. It should be interesting when the time comes. You guys surely know more about the circumstances than I do. I was merely taking the contrarian view.

The only reason he didn't go to Okie state was because of Hendricks he made it known in his flo documentary that he always wanted to be a cowboy

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
[A recruit can not sign early letter of intent until their senior year around Nov 10. As for a verbal anytime they want. Our coaches know and want Daton at OSU, we will have 2 recruits coming in that after a few years could move up a weight which will open 125 for our Oklahoma young man. Unless something has happen between OSU and the Fix family, Daton bleeds Orange.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recruiting answer. No doubt many schools will show Daton attention. PSU is just the school I've heard he is interested in other than OSU...and I didn't hear it from his lips...just from a trusted friend who had talked to him.

The only reason he didn't go to Okie state was because of Hendricks he made it known in his flo documentary that he always wanted to be a cowboy
While this may well be accurate, it's pretty easy to think that those comments were made after the conclusion of his college eligibility and likely were made equally as to maintain family relations. I'd have to think Mark and John have recruited some of the same kids since Mark has been at Illinois. I bet that could make for some interesting discussions around the Thanksgiving table.

I'm sorry for having gotten the discussion off-topic. No more from me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT