ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Obamacare premiums

wyomingosualum

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
I read a news story a few days ago which contained information that the administration was going to post a preview of next year's health insurance rates this weekend. However, when I check the website, it gives the same "wait until November 15 for open enrollment" theme.

Anybody got any intel on this? Did I miss something?

Numbers are up but not that much.

The subsidized folks will be paying way less. No party rhetoric. These are the facts.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Idk but I just found out my premium is going up by $400/yr for me. Not sure how much it's going up for my employer.

This is why the Repubs would do the country a greater service cleaning up the AHCA rather than voting to repeal which is a huge waste of time and tax dollars.

Averages over anecdotes.

I believe the average was about 6% in increases. That 6% median could easily be 15% for some.

I'm not claiming it's a success. One good thing has been the increased competition. That's the kind of thing Repubs could keep while removing/improving in other areas.

No idea why mine is up. Could be Obamacare, could be healthcare and insurance companies shaking us down bc they can.

Not sure how much the premiums are up but my employer has decided that we all need to pay an additional $50/month to help pay for it. This is impacting about 200 people.

It's working but the dems are too dull witted to call out the republican lies. That will be a winning issue for years if it survives the next 2 years with SCOTUS.

Some truth

Originally posted by syskatine:
It's working but the dems are too dull witted to call out the republican lies. That will be a winning issue for years if it survives the next 2 years with SCOTUS.
The writer's self description under his pic in the article: "I write from the left on politics and policy."

Next.

We're up $130 a month from last year (I think), plus a small monthly aca fee.

If they would allow health insurance to be sold like car insurance and do away with most of the mandated coverage so that people don't have buy more coverage than they need that would be a good start.

I'm so happy to be exempted from Obamacare but still dislike the costs and disruptions it is causing others.

Originally posted by Headhunter:
If they would allow health insurance to be sold like car insurance and do away with most of the mandated coverage so that people don't have buy more coverage than they need that would be a good start.
Awful idea. Totally defeats people not sponging medical care off everyone else.

It looks like my plan for 2015 will be the same as 2014 in terms of costs and benefits.

I do the high deductible plan with the HSA, just for the record. I work for a company of ~13.5k with about half of those being in the U.S.

So, how many millions of Americans still don't have coverage? Did the numbers drop?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT