ADVERTISEMENT

2015 ASICS Junior and Cadet Nationals, Fargo, ND

I got a late start and having to catch up but so far Naifeh at 106 had a 15-14 dec over Graham Shore of Ohio, Danny Vega of Az had a fall over Paxton Rosen at 113, Josh Copeland at 113 lost by fall to Kilian cardinal of Va, Daton Fix at 120 has not wrestled yet, Dalton Duffield 15-5 tf over Garrett Pepple of In, Kaden Gfeller had a 12-1 tech fall over Joey Bowen of Ohio, Kaid Brock pinned Ryan Leisure of Iowa in 52 seconds and Boo Lewallen had a first period tech fall of Beau Guffey, OK 11-0.
Daton Fix had ja tech fall over Zachary Sherman of NJ, Tristan Moran had a tf 10-0 over William Kui of NJ, Keegan Moore had a tech fall of Degen 11-0, Zach Moore had a 12-2 tech fall of Cole Martin of Wisconsin.
Austin Kraisser of Md had a 13-6 dec. of Wyatt Sheets and Joe Smith had a 10-0 tf over Jacob Covaciu of Indiana. these wins put the wrestlers in the quarterfinals

Austin Kraisser of Md had a 13-6 dec. of Wyatt Sheets and Joe Smith had a 10-0 tf over Jacob Covaciu of Indiana. these wins put the wrestlers in the quarterfinals
hayden Hansen loses by 11-0 tf to Xavier Montalvo of Illinois and he was also injured during this match but do not know how severe the injury.He was on the mat for a few minutes in obvious pain when Montalvo scored the first points on a four point move that ended up out of bounds. He was able to finish the match but did not look good-most of that due to Montalvo to be fair.

hayden Hansen loses by 11-0 tf to Xavier Montalvo of Illinois and he was also injured during this match but do not know how severe the injury.He was on the mat for a few minutes in obvious pain when Montalvo scored the first points on a four point move that ended up out of bounds. He was able to finish the match but did not look good-most of that due to Montalvo to be fair.
Kyler Childers at 220 wins his consolation match 11-5.

Kyler Childers at 220 wins his consolation match 11-5.
At 182 Bear Hughes has won his 3rd straight consolation match after losing to Keegan Moore in the first round.Evan Hudson at 195 has also won three straight matches by tech fall after losing his first match. Bryson McGowan isnow 3-1 after pinning his opponent in cons rd 5KoreyWalkeris 2-0 at 285 as is Trenton Lieurance.

At 182 Bear Hughes has won his 3rd straight consolation match after losing to Keegan Moore in the first round.Evan Hudson at 195 has also won three straight matches by tech fall after losing his first match. Bryson McGowan isnow 3-1 after pinning his opponent in cons rd 5KoreyWalkeris 2-0 at 285 as is Trenton Lieurance.
Quarter finals are set for tomorrow morning at 9am. Oklahoma wrestlers in the quarters are as follows:
106 Wyatt Adams vs. Hasan Krigger Ga.
120 Dalton Duffield v. Jack Mueller Tx.
120 Montorie Bridges v. Austin Gomez Il.
120 Daton Fix v. Jacob Schwarm Ia.
126Kaden Gfeller v. Dylan Duncan Il.
126 Cody Karstetter v. Noal Hellickson Ia.
132 Kaid Brock vs. Lincoln Olson Mi.
138 Keegan Moore v. Shayne Oster Il.
138 Boo Lewallen v. Jaron Jensen Ut.
138 Tristan Moran v. Salvator Profaci NJ
145 Zach Moore v.Justin Demicco Oh.
160 Joe Smith v.Toby Northrup Iowa
After this Flo has a screw up in their story so I am going to have to go to the brackets to finish this out.

Quarter finals are set for tomorrow morning at 9am. Oklahoma wrestlers in the quarters are as follows:
106 Wyatt Adams vs. Hasan Krigger Ga.
120 Dalton Duffield v. Jack Mueller Tx.
120 Montorie Bridges v. Austin Gomez Il.
120 Daton Fix v. Jacob Schwarm Ia.
126Kaden Gfeller v. Dylan Duncan Il.
126 Cody Karstetter v. Noal Hellickson Ia.
132 Kaid Brock vs. Lincoln Olson Mi.
138 Keegan Moore v. Shayne Oster Il.
138 Boo Lewallen v. Jaron Jensen Ut.
138 Tristan Moran v. Salvator Profaci NJ
145 Zach Moore v.Justin Demicco Oh.
160 Joe Smith v.Toby Northrup Iowa
After this Flo has a screw up in their story so I am going to have to go to the brackets to finish this out.
Well, The story was all messed up as they have started the quarter finals and I have to leave so I will miss them. Hopefully someone can add updates but I will be back after 2pm and I can update then.

Well, The story was all messed up as they have started the quarter finals and I have to leave so I will miss them. Hopefully someone can add updates but I will be back after 2pm and I can update then.
I have only checked through 138. In the semis:
Naifeh at 106
Fix at 120
Gfeller at 126
Brock at 132
Moore, lewallen and Moran at 138.

I have only checked through 138. In the semis:
Naifeh at 106
Fix at 120
Gfeller at 126
Brock at 132
Moore, lewallen and Moran at 138.
Also in semis are Moore at 145 and Smith at 160. No other Oklahomans in semis. I will check consolations in a bit.

Got back in time to post these results of the quarters:
106 Mason Naifeh over Dylan Koontz 10-9
113 Paxton Rosen has w on again in round 5 of consolations over Drew West of Iowa tf 12-2
120 Dalton Duffield lost by tf to Jack Mueller of Texas 13-2 and lost again in consolations to Edward Chalifoux of Tenn by 14-5 and is out of the tournament .
120Andrew Nieman lost in round 6 of consolations to Brent Jones of Mn.
120 Montorie Bridges lost by tech fall to Matthew Schmitt of Mo.
120 Daton Fix won by tf over Jacob Schwarm of Iowa 10-0
126 Kaden Gfeller won by dec. over Dylan Duncan ofIl 8-8.
132 Kaid Brock won by tf over Lincoln Olson 14-4
138 Beau Guffey lost by tech fall to Ben Brancale of Mn in consolations
138 Boo Lewallen tf 14-2 over Jaron Jensen of Utah
138 Tristan Moran won by dec. over Salvatore Profaci ofNJ 6-1
138 Keegan Moore won by tf over Shayne Oster of Il.
160 Joe Smith won by tech fall over Toby Northrup Iowa 11-0
170 Hayden Hansen lost in consolation rd 6 to Alexander Herringshaw of New York 10-0
182 Bear Hughes lost in consolation rd 6 to Luke Drugac of NJ by tf 14-4
195 Evan Hudson lost in consolation rd 4 to Rodrick Davis of Georgia by tf 13-3
220 Kyler Childers lost in cons. rd 4 to Christian Colucci of NJ by 10-0 tf
285 In consolation rd 6 Bryson McGowan won by 11-2 dec. to Trenton Lieurance
but he lost in cons Rd. 7 to Carter Isley by tf 13-2
285 Korey Walker was pinned by Kevin Vough of Ohio in the quarters.but has come back to win 2 more matches in consolations.
We have 8 in the semis and still have 5 in the consolations. Very good round.

Majority does not equate to consensus but I will bow out of that argument.
I didn't see the team picks when I first read the article but I did see it there after your initial post about it and I neglected to mention it in my post.
I was not looking for you to eat crow and this had nothing to do with the discussion on junior duals. I did say it was likely not all matches would follow the script. While we're on definitions and semantics, being favored going into a contest is not the same as winning. My dispute of your claim of favored is not nullified by results. Dake/Taylor will not be favored going into the next match against JB, even if they win it.
PBS, is Larry your son? If so Conrats to you all on the big win today.

PBS, is Larry your son? If so Conrats to you all on the big win today.
Semi-final matchups:
106 Mason Naifeh v. Liam Cronin California
120 Daton Fix v. Travis Pitrowski Il.
132 Kaid Brock v. Mitch McKeeMn
138 Keegan Moore v. Boo Lewallen
138 Tristan Moran v. Matt Kolodzik
145 Zach Moore v.Pat Lugo Fl
160 Joe Smith v. Paden Moore Mn.

Semi-final matchups:
106 Mason Naifeh v. Liam Cronin California
120 Daton Fix v. Travis Pitrowski Il.
132 Kaid Brock v. Mitch McKeeMn
138 Keegan Moore v. Boo Lewallen
138 Tristan Moran v. Matt Kolodzik
145 Zach Moore v.Pat Lugo Fl
160 Joe Smith v. Paden Moore Mn.
In Greco finals at 106 Billy Simpson loses to Jordan Decatur 14-8 of Ohio.

In Greco finals at 106 Billy Simpson loses to Jordan Decatur 14-8 of Ohio.
Congrats Papa Bear Larry is a very good wrestler and beating Manville 8-2 is impressive indeed!
Team score race is still close with Oklahoma in the lead with 30 and Illinois has 24 points. Oklahoma has the edge on Illinois in Semi-finalists 8-6 but unfortunately for Oklahoma they will lose and possibly two of their 38 pounders in the semis. Illinois still has 6 in the consolations and Oklahoma 5.

Semi-finals start tonight at 6PM
Naifeh loses at 106 to Cronin of California, Gfeller loses 8-7 to Austin Assad at 126, Fix had tech fall over Pitrowski 13-3, Keegan Moore over Lewallen 7-2 at 138. Mueller Tx over Gomez of Il at 120 so Fix meets Mueller in the finals. Brock loses 10-8 again to Mitch McKee of Minnesota.

Kolodzik dec. Moran 5-0 at 138 and will face Keegan Moore in the finals at 138. Zach Moore loses by tf to Pat Lugo of Florida at 145.

Joe Smith has a 10-0 tf over Paden Moore of Minnesota in less than 2 minutes and is in the finals.

Joe Smith has a 10-0 tf over Paden Moore of Minnesota in less than 2 minutes and is in the finals.
Latest team scoring shows Oklahoma at 1 with 46 points, Ohio
Kolodzik dec. Moran 5-0 at 138 and will face Keegan Moore in the finals at 138. Zach Moore loses by tf to Pat Lugo of Florida at 145.
Latest team scores:
1. Oklahoma 46
2. Illinois 38
3 Ohio & California 36
5Minnesota and Iowa 33
Oklahoma will have 12 All-Americans with 3 in the finals and 9 left in the consolation round. Illinois will have ten All Americans with three in the finals and 7 in the consolations.

Congrats Papa Bear Larry is a very good wrestler and beating Manville 8-2 is impressive indeed!
Team score race is still close with Oklahoma in the lead with 30 and Illinois has 24 points. Oklahoma has the edge on Illinois in Semi-finalists 8-6 but unfortunately for Oklahoma they will lose and possibly two of their 38 pounders in the semis. Illinois still has 6 in the consolations and Oklahoma 5.

Latest team scoring shows Oklahoma at 1 with 46 points, Ohio

Latest team scores:
1. Oklahoma 46
2. Illinois 38
3 Ohio & California 36
5Minnesota and Iowa 33
Oklahoma will have 12 All-Americans with 3 in the finals and 9 left in the consolation round. Illinois will have ten All Americans with three in the finals and 7 in the consolations.

Thank you.
Illinois actually has 12 AAs but the Okies have the team race sown up. Congrats to you guys.

Papa
Thank you.
Illinois actually has 12 AAs but the Okies have the team race sown up. Congrats to you guys.
PapaBear good win for your son, but Manville is sure having a bad tournament. Hope Cael is giving him a full ride, seems from watching that the elite high school wrestlers have caught up to him. Total lack of offense.

Top 5= Oklahoma 55, Ohio 47, New Jersey 45, Illinois 42, Minnesota 37
Oklahoma matchups in the finals:
106 5th place match Mason Naifeh v. Brakan Mead Ohio
113 5th place match Paxton Rosen v. Danny Vega az
120 Gold medal match Daton Fix v. Jack Mueller Texas
126 3rd place match Kaden Gfeller v. Requir Van Der Merwe NJ
126 7th place match Cody Karstetter v. Dylan Duncan Il
132 3rd place match Kaid Brock v .Lincoln Olson Mi
138 Gold Medal match Keegan Moore v. Matt Kolodzik NJ
138 3rd place match Boo Lewallen v. Tristan Moran (Good luck to both)
145 5th place match Zachary Moore v. Zander Wick
152 5th place match Wyatt Sheets v. Griffin Parriot MN
160 Gold Medal match Joe Smith v. Lucas Jeske MN
Top Ten team scores before the finals
1. Oklahoma 55, 2. Ohio 47,3.New Jersey 45, 4. Illinois 42,5 Minnesota 37, 6. California 35, 7. Iowa 24, 8. Pennsylvania 21, 9. Arizona 17, 9. Texas 17.
One other note and thanks to the congratulations from Papa Bear and he is correct Illinois does have 12 All-Americans.

Oklahoma matchups in the finals:
106 5th place match Mason Naifeh v. Brakan Mead Ohio
113 5th place match Paxton Rosen v. Danny Vega az
120 Gold medal match Daton Fix v. Jack Mueller Texas
126 3rd place match Kaden Gfeller v. Requir Van Der Merwe NJ
126 7th place match Cody Karstetter v. Dylan Duncan Il
132 3rd place match Kaid Brock v .Lincoln Olson Mi
138 Gold Medal match Keegan Moore v. Matt Kolodzik NJ
138 3rd place match Boo Lewallen v. Tristan Moran (Good luck to both)
145 5th place match Zachary Moore v. Zander Wick
152 5th place match Wyatt Sheets v. Griffin Parriot MN
160 Gold Medal match Joe Smith v. Lucas Jeske MN
Top Ten team scores before the finals
1. Oklahoma 55, 2. Ohio 47,3.New Jersey 45, 4. Illinois 42,5 Minnesota 37, 6. California 35, 7. Iowa 24, 8. Pennsylvania 21, 9. Arizona 17, 9. Texas 17.
One other note and thanks to the congratulations from Papa Bear and he is correct Illinois does have 12 All-Americans.
While waiting for the finals to start, a little musing on my part. I caused a mini-controversy early on when I shared the Flo article titled the Junior National preview and in paraphrasing I used the word consensus and correctly it should have been majority instead. In reviewing the finalists I wondered how correct the 7 member flo panel in their predictions and I have to say to say they did a better than average job at least in picking the top 2 majority wise. 100 Lane vs. Holmes and these were the majority picks to be 1 and 2 with Lane picked to win it by 6 of the 7. 106 Hayes v. Cronin Hayes was the unanimous #1 pick and Cronin was picked#3 by 3 panelists and
Naifeh was the majority pick for#2 with Cronin picked 3rd so they were half right. 113 Mattin v. Courtney.
Mattin was the majority pick at #1 with Courtney picked only once in the top 4 at 4 so again they were half right. 120 Fix v. Mueller and the panel was correct as Fix unanimous #1 and Mueller majority pick for #2.
126 Assad v. Demison Assad was the majority pick for #2 and Gfeller majority pick for #1. Correct on Assad but Demison not picked in the top 4 but he was listed as a contender. Gfeller going for 3rd.
132 McKee v. Taylor Lamont. McKee was the majority #2 pick and Brock Majority #1. Lamont was the majority #3 pick so they were at least half right. 138 Keegan Moore v. Matt Kolodzik Majority #1 was Lewallen who is going for third and Keegan Moore was picked to be either 2nd or 3rd. Kolodzik picked by two to be #1. Top three picks will probably be correct. 145 Stroker v. Lugo Stroker picked #1 by 6 of 7. Lugo was picked in the top 4 by a majority so they were half right. 152 Early v. Wick and Kemerer was the majority pick for 1 and he is not in the medal round. Early was picked #1by 2 of the 7. Wick not picked in the top 4 so only a so-so rating for the panel.
Hidlay going for 3rd and he was the majority pick for 2nd. 160 Joe Smith v. Lucas Jeske Mn. Smith was the unanimous pick for #1 but a strike out on Jeske who was not only not picked in the top 4 but not even shown as a contender. 170 Beau Breske v. Xavier Montalvo Montalvo was picked as #1 by 6 of the 7 and 5 of7 picked Breske third so they were close on this one. 182 Nick Reenan v. Dylan Wisman. Reen was the unanimous pick at #1 and Wisman was picked by 5 of the 7 to be in the top 4 with one picking him 2nd so they were also close at this weight. 195 Colbray v. Mulligan Colbray was the majority pick for #1 and Seely majority pick for #2 Mulligan was picked in the top 4 by 5 of the panelists so again they were close on this one. 220 Jordan Wood v. Riley Streifel. Wood was he unanimous pick for #1 but Striefel was not only not picked in top 4 he was not shown as a
contender so they were half right and Stencel who was the majority pick for #2 is going for third.
285 Odighizuwa v. Vough Odighizuwa was the majority #2 pick and Vough was picked in the top 4 by 6 of the 7 panelists. Austin Myers was picked by 5 of the 7 as #1 and he is going for third.
If you stopped reading this at the first sentence you are probably better off but if you had time to waste then this does tend to show that the panel for the most part did their homework.

While waiting for the finals to start, a little musing on my part. I caused a mini-controversy early on when I shared the Flo article titled the Junior National preview and in paraphrasing I used the word consensus and correctly it should have been majority instead. In reviewing the finalists I wondered how correct the 7 member flo panel in their predictions and I have to say to say they did a better than average job at least in picking the top 2 majority wise. 100 Lane vs. Holmes and these were the majority picks to be 1 and 2 with Lane picked to win it by 6 of the 7. 106 Hayes v. Cronin Hayes was the unanimous #1 pick and Cronin was picked#3 by 3 panelists and
Naifeh was the majority pick for#2 with Cronin picked 3rd so they were half right. 113 Mattin v. Courtney.
Mattin was the majority pick at #1 with Courtney picked only once in the top 4 at 4 so again they were half right. 120 Fix v. Mueller and the panel was correct as Fix unanimous #1 and Mueller majority pick for #2.
126 Assad v. Demison Assad was the majority pick for #2 and Gfeller majority pick for #1. Correct on Assad but Demison not picked in the top 4 but he was listed as a contender. Gfeller going for 3rd.
132 McKee v. Taylor Lamont. McKee was the majority #2 pick and Brock Majority #1. Lamont was the majority #3 pick so they were at least half right. 138 Keegan Moore v. Matt Kolodzik Majority #1 was Lewallen who is going for third and Keegan Moore was picked to be either 2nd or 3rd. Kolodzik picked by two to be #1. Top three picks will probably be correct. 145 Stroker v. Lugo Stroker picked #1 by 6 of 7. Lugo was picked in the top 4 by a majority so they were half right. 152 Early v. Wick and Kemerer was the majority pick for 1 and he is not in the medal round. Early was picked #1by 2 of the 7. Wick not picked in the top 4 so only a so-so rating for the panel.
Hidlay going for 3rd and he was the majority pick for 2nd. 160 Joe Smith v. Lucas Jeske Mn. Smith was the unanimous pick for #1 but a strike out on Jeske who was not only not picked in the top 4 but not even shown as a contender. 170 Beau Breske v. Xavier Montalvo Montalvo was picked as #1 by 6 of the 7 and 5 of7 picked Breske third so they were close on this one. 182 Nick Reenan

They started at 19am but the first match was a 2 out of 3 qualifier for 70kg on the world team between Marable and Green and Green won the first match 4-0.
100 # has started with Jason Holmes leading Lane 10-1 in the first period on 5 takedowns. Mason Naifeh is up next going for 5thplace at 106.

Daton Fix is just a beast. I really hope we get him. He is truly worth a full scholarship and it would be a shame to let him get away.

Reactions: cachap5327
Daton Fix up next for Gold at 120 but I believe they are breaking for interviews and awards.
Daton Fix has a 1st period tech fall of Jack Mueller 10-0 and wins Gold! Congrats to Daton and for our other two All-Americans in Naifeh and Rosen!

Daton Fix has a 1st period tech fall of Jack Mueller 10-0 and wins Gold! Congrats to Daton and for our other two All-Americans in Naifeh and Rosen!
In ogther action Kaden Gfeller had a 10-0 tf over Von Der Mewe 10-0 for third, Cody Karstetter defaulted to Duncan and takes 6th at 126 and Kaid Brock had a 10-0 tf win over future team mate Lincoln Olsn for 3rd with Olson taking 4th Congrats to all of them.

In ogther action Kaden Gfeller had a 10-0 tf over Von Der Mewe 10-0 for third, Cody Karstetter defaulted to Duncan and takes 6th at 126 and Kaid Brock had a 10-0 tf win over future team mate Lincoln Olsn for 3rd with Olson taking 4th Congrats to all of them.
There will be a relatively long break while they hand out 5 sets of awards and then have the 2nd match between Marable and Green.

There will be a relatively long break while they hand out 5 sets of awards and then have the 2nd match between Marable and Green.
Sorry I misread scoring on the Kaid Brock match as he and Olson have not yet wrestled.but they are on deck as James Green and Marable are currently wrestling.

Sorry I misread scoring on the Kaid Brock match as he and Olson have not yet wrestled.but they are on deck as James Green and Marable are currently wrestling.
Kaid Brock takes third with an 11-4 win and things got a little chippy between the two during the second period with slaps and return slaps but no harm done and congrats to both for their placements! BTW Green beat Marable for the second time and justice prevails.

Kaid Brock takes third with an 11-4 win and things got a little chippy between the two during the second period with slaps and return slaps but no harm done and congrats to both for their placements! BTW Green beat Marable for the second time and justice prevails.
6-6 between Moran and Lewallen and Moran wins on he criteria of last takedown scored for third. Keegan Mooreis now wrestling at 138.

Keegan Moore has a miscue and gives up the stepout point to lose the championship with 4 seconds to go. Keegan will be a very good wrestler for Sammie Hensen at WV. Very close match for third with Boo Lewellen and Kaid Brock with Brock winning a close one 6-6 with the last score.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT