CowboyUp

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Austin Tx
Download-File

The Washington Post
January 22

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has President Trump to thank for a remarkable shift in public opinion in her favor. “Pelosi’s favorability rating has increased by eight percentage points since Election Day in Civiqs’s tracking polls,” The Post reports.

Thanks to a surge in her Gallup poll numbers, “Pelosi is now more popular in Gallup polls than she has been in a decade.” Pelosi is up strongly among Democrats but also shows gains with independents (up eight points in the Civiqs survey).

Trump’s polling numbers are down in virtually every public poll taken since the shutdown. The NPR-PBS NewsHour-Marist poll has even worse news:

57 percent of registered voters said they would definitely vote against President Donald Trump, according to the latest poll from the PBS NewsHour, NPR and Marist.

Another 30 percent of voters said they would cast their ballot to support Trump, and an additional 13 percent said they had no idea who would get their vote.

Although the election is still nearly two years away, the large number of voters who oppose Trump as well as his low approval ratings suggest the president faces a “steep, steep incline” in winning re-election, said Lee Miringoff, the director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion.

Looking deeper into the numbers, we can see signs of an impending horror show in 2020 for Trump and the GOP. Among independents, 57 percent disapprove of his performance; 43 percent of Republicans want a primary challenger to Trump, while only 46 percent do not (among Republican-leaning independents, that split is 47-44).

Clearly this is true or Trump wouldn't have created a counter-offer. But now the ball's in Pelosi's court to either counter or accept. This will shift blame back to the Dems, and the left media being stupid over the weekend, will accelerate it.

Lol he made Nancy Pelosi popular.

Not one dime Nancy. He said MEXICO would pay for it.

Reactions: CowboyUp
Clearly this is true or Trump wouldn't have created a counter-offer. But now the ball's in Pelosi's court to either counter or accept. This will shift blame back to the Dems, and the left media being stupid over the weekend, will accelerate it.
I don't think Ms.Pelosi feels any necessity to counter. As those polls show she's winning the standoff. Trump's "compromise" was not a compromise. I bet she sits tight until he comes up with a better offer. Maybe if Trump offers permanent DACA status instead of a ridiculous 3 year reprieve, maybe then she'll counter.

Reactions: RevengeOfTheToon
I don't think Ms.Pelosi feels any necessity to counter. As those polls show she's winning the standoff. Trump's "compromise" was not a compromise. I bet she sits tight until he comes up with a better offer. Maybe if Trump offers permanent DACA status instead of a ridiculous 3 year reprieve, maybe then she'll counter.

I want someone to explain to me how he thinks this is going to work. Forget who's right, whether we need a wall, all the swirling fights. When he said he was shutting down the government, did he think his opponent would go, "Oh, we can't let these people be hurt by a shutdown, let's give him what he wants." Is that the strategy?

Or is this some prelude to a massive government reshuffle? Because the ostensible logic behind the shutdown makes no sense.

Keep it shut down. The longer it goes the more people realize that many of the 'services' being provided are make work. (And yes I know there are those services that are important too.)

Keep it shut down. The longer it goes the more people realize that many of the 'services' being provided are make work. (And yes I know there are those services that are important too.)

Disagree here. I agree that this shows which services are important and outlines a number that really aren't, but we both know that all of the non-contract employees will get back pay, so we might as well be open and have these people working for the paycheck they will eventually get.

Reactions: 0rangeSlice
Disagree here. I agree that this shows which services are important and outlines a number that really aren't, but we both know that all of the non-contract employees will get back pay, so we might as well be open and have these people working for the paycheck they will eventually get.
I see that logic too. It isn't wrong. But I'm generally against giving back pay anyways. These times are supposed to hurt. Otherwise it doesn't put pressure on the elected officials to come to the table and compromise.

Sounds like great news for the anti Trump people, I'm just wondering why they are so desperate to get the news out.

Sounds like great news for the anti Trump people, I'm just wondering why they are so desperate to get the news out.

Because they done fuked up.

No longer is there any doubt where the hearts are of "mainstream" dems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT