ADVERTISEMENT

“Energy independence”

What is the point you are trying to make? Are you saying America isn't energy independent because we can't immediately replace the oil supplies of countries that buy from Iran?

Trump is not the idiot you think he is, you cannot just replace oil supply lines overnight. He's not going to wreck the economies of allies, this will be a gradual replacement program and all they are doing is giving these countries some needed flexibility.

A person like you can't see beyond black and white so not surprised you'd be ignorant about this and try to turn it into a negative for Trump.

What is the point you are trying to make? Are you saying America isn't energy independent because we can't immediately replace the oil supplies of countries that buy from Iran?

Trump is not the idiot you think he is, you cannot just replace oil supply lines overnight. He's not going to wreck the economies of allies, this will be a gradual replacement program and all they are doing is giving these countries some needed flexibility.

A person like you can't see beyond black and white so not surprised you'd be ignorant about this and try to turn it into a negative for Trump.

Canada is our biggest foreign source

Phillips 66 and Renewable Energy Group Inc. are planning for the construction of a large-scale renewable diesel plant in Washington state.

The new facility would be constructed adjacent to the Phillips 66 Ferndale Refinery, which offers existing infrastructure, including tank storage, a dock, and rail and truck rack access.

“The proposed facility’s strategic location in Washington state would enable us to move renewable fuels more efficiently to support West Coast and international fuel market demand,” said Brian Mandell, senior vice president, Marketing and Commercial, Phillips 66. “We continually look for opportunities to provide our customers with a reliable source of innovative renewable fuels.”

The announcement follows more than a year of collaboration between Phillips 66 and Renewable Energy Group, or REG, related to site selection and preliminary engineering. The companies expect to make a final investment decision in 2019. If approved, production at the new facility is currently premised to start in 2021.

“REG is excited to be working with a leading refiner, Phillips 66, on a project that has the potential to significantly expand biofuel production in Washington state and provide low carbon fuel markets with products that are in significant demand on the West Coast,” said Randy Howard, CEO of REG.

The plant would utilize REG’s proprietary BioSynfining® technology to produce renewable diesel fuel. Planned feedstocks include a mix of waste fats, oils and greases, including regionally sourced vegetable oils, animal fats and used cooking oil.

It’s the latest step by Phillips 66 with renewable fuels. In August, the company entered a supply and off-take agreement with Ryze Renewables for 11,000 barrels per day of renewable diesel fuel from two plants under construction in Nevada.

“Renewable diesel fuel fits easily into our transportation system because it is a ‘drop-in’ fuel,” said Drew Leder, manager, Renewables Trading, Phillips 66. “That means unlike current biodiesel, it can be – but is not required to be – blended with traditional diesel.”

Board: “globalists blah blah blah”
Me: Iran sanctions, but oil. “Energy independence”, a motto of Republicans for decades
You: So?

You again: Selective outrage
I'm not outraged, I sincerely have no idea the point you are trying to make other than I'm sure that somehow you are trying to say Trump is doing evil.

"Can I get an interpreter in here? Anyone?"

Reactions: Ostatedchi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT